Jun 19, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
In April, Nashville head coach Barry Trotz said his club was “going to have a very busy summer.”
He wasn’t kidding.
On Tuesday, Nashville locked up yet another player, signing defenseman Victor Bartley to a three-year, $2 million deal.
The 25-year-old rearguard was a pleasant surprise for Nashville last season, making his NHL debut before appearing in 24 games, scoring seven points all told while averaging 19:32 TOI.
Bartley will be paid $600,000 in both 2013-14 and 2014-15, and $800,000 in 2015-16.
But back to Preds GM David Poile, who’s been a busy man since his team was eliminated from playoff contention in April.
Here’s what he’s done since:
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- Erik Haula signs two-year extension with Wild (35)