Jun 19, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
In April, Nashville head coach Barry Trotz said his club was “going to have a very busy summer.”
He wasn’t kidding.
On Tuesday, Nashville locked up yet another player, signing defenseman Victor Bartley to a three-year, $2 million deal.
The 25-year-old rearguard was a pleasant surprise for Nashville last season, making his NHL debut before appearing in 24 games, scoring seven points all told while averaging 19:32 TOI.
Bartley will be paid $600,000 in both 2013-14 and 2014-15, and $800,000 in 2015-16.
But back to Preds GM David Poile, who’s been a busy man since his team was eliminated from playoff contention in April.
Here’s what he’s done since:
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)