Jun 19, 2013, 11:35 AM EST
In April, Nashville head coach Barry Trotz said his club was “going to have a very busy summer.”
He wasn’t kidding.
On Tuesday, Nashville locked up yet another player, signing defenseman Victor Bartley to a three-year, $2 million deal.
The 25-year-old rearguard was a pleasant surprise for Nashville last season, making his NHL debut before appearing in 24 games, scoring seven points all told while averaging 19:32 TOI.
Bartley will be paid $600,000 in both 2013-14 and 2014-15, and $800,000 in 2015-16.
But back to Preds GM David Poile, who’s been a busy man since his team was eliminated from playoff contention in April.
Here’s what he’s done since:
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 57
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 30
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 60
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)