Jun 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators continue to lock up free agents, agreeing to terms with forward Kevin Henderson on a two-year, two way deal on Tuesday.
Henderson, 26, made his NHL debut last season, appearing in four games for Nashville while registering 1G-0A-1PT. An undrafted free agent, he spent two years playing Canadian collegiate hockey following his junior career, then inked on with the San Jose organization before finally landing in Nashville.
Last year, he finished third in goals (17) for the Preds’ AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
Henderson will make $550,000 at the NHL level and $75,000 at the AHL level in 2013-14, and $550,000 at the NHL level and $80,000 at the AHL level in 2014-15.
This signing is the latest from GM David Poile, who’s been a busy man recently. Yesterday, he agreed to terms with defenseman Joe Piskula and, last week, gave blueliner Roman Josi a seven-year contract extension.
Prior to that, he gave Patric Hornqvist a five-year, $21.25 million deal, signed WHL scoring champ Brendan Leipsic and hired Phil Housley as the team’s new assistant coach, firing Peter Horachek.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)