Jun 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EST
The Nashville Predators continue to lock up free agents, agreeing to terms with forward Kevin Henderson on a two-year, two way deal on Tuesday.
Henderson, 26, made his NHL debut last season, appearing in four games for Nashville while registering 1G-0A-1PT. An undrafted free agent, he spent two years playing Canadian collegiate hockey following his junior career, then inked on with the San Jose organization before finally landing in Nashville.
Last year, he finished third in goals (17) for the Preds’ AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
Henderson will make $550,000 at the NHL level and $75,000 at the AHL level in 2013-14, and $550,000 at the NHL level and $80,000 at the AHL level in 2014-15.
This signing is the latest from GM David Poile, who’s been a busy man recently. Yesterday, he agreed to terms with defenseman Joe Piskula and, last week, gave blueliner Roman Josi a seven-year contract extension.
Prior to that, he gave Patric Hornqvist a five-year, $21.25 million deal, signed WHL scoring champ Brendan Leipsic and hired Phil Housley as the team’s new assistant coach, firing Peter Horachek.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (117)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)