Apr 30, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators announced on Tuesday they’ve agreed to terms with forward Patric Hornqvist on a five-year, $21.25 million deal.
“As we build towards the 2013-14 season and beyond, re-signing Patric Hornqvist was an off-season priority,” Preds GM Poile said in a statement. “Since joining the Predators, he has become—and will remain—an integral member of our core group.”
Hornqvist, 26, has been one of Nashville’s most consistent scorers over the last three seasons, posting a career-high 30 goals in 2009-10 (21 goals in ’10-11, 27 in ’11-12).
His 2013 season was largely derailed by knee and upper-body injuries, yet Hornqvist still managed to rack up 14 points in 24 games — finishing ninth among all Predators in scoring, despite missing half the year.
This new deal will net the Swedish winger $4.25 million annually, a nice pay bump from the three-year, $9.25 million deal he inked with Nashville in 2010.
As a result, Hornqvist becomes the Predators’ second-highest paid forward for 2013-14, only behind veteran David Legwand, who will make $4.5 million.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)