Apr 30, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators announced on Tuesday they’ve agreed to terms with forward Patric Hornqvist on a five-year, $21.25 million deal.
“As we build towards the 2013-14 season and beyond, re-signing Patric Hornqvist was an off-season priority,” Preds GM Poile said in a statement. “Since joining the Predators, he has become—and will remain—an integral member of our core group.”
Hornqvist, 26, has been one of Nashville’s most consistent scorers over the last three seasons, posting a career-high 30 goals in 2009-10 (21 goals in ’10-11, 27 in ’11-12).
His 2013 season was largely derailed by knee and upper-body injuries, yet Hornqvist still managed to rack up 14 points in 24 games — finishing ninth among all Predators in scoring, despite missing half the year.
This new deal will net the Swedish winger $4.25 million annually, a nice pay bump from the three-year, $9.25 million deal he inked with Nashville in 2010.
As a result, Hornqvist becomes the Predators’ second-highest paid forward for 2013-14, only behind veteran David Legwand, who will make $4.5 million.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)