May 23, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators signed Brendan Leipsic to a three-year entry-level contract on Thursday.
Leipsic, 19, tied for the WHL lead in scoring with 120 points (his Portland Winterhawks teammate Nicolas Petan shared the honors). The Predators made him their third-round pick (89th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft.
“He’s a little bit (Jordin) Tootooish, a little bit Brad Marchand. I’m sure that the best description would be that he’s not fun to play against, probably the opposition doesn’t like him too much,” Poile said. “This is the guy you love but they hate. Not big in stature but plays really tough.”
Knowing the Preds system, it will probably take him some time to make a Marchand-type impact.
(Photo via the WHL.)
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)