May 23, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators signed Brendan Leipsic to a three-year entry-level contract on Thursday.
Leipsic, 19, tied for the WHL lead in scoring with 120 points (his Portland Winterhawks teammate Nicolas Petan shared the honors). The Predators made him their third-round pick (89th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft.
“He’s a little bit (Jordin) Tootooish, a little bit Brad Marchand. I’m sure that the best description would be that he’s not fun to play against, probably the opposition doesn’t like him too much,” Poile said. “This is the guy you love but they hate. Not big in stature but plays really tough.”
Knowing the Preds system, it will probably take him some time to make a Marchand-type impact.
(Photo via the WHL.)
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)