May 23, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
The Nashville Predators signed Brendan Leipsic to a three-year entry-level contract on Thursday.
Leipsic, 19, tied for the WHL lead in scoring with 120 points (his Portland Winterhawks teammate Nicolas Petan shared the honors). The Predators made him their third-round pick (89th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft.
“He’s a little bit (Jordin) Tootooish, a little bit Brad Marchand. I’m sure that the best description would be that he’s not fun to play against, probably the opposition doesn’t like him too much,” Poile said. “This is the guy you love but they hate. Not big in stature but plays really tough.”
Knowing the Preds system, it will probably take him some time to make a Marchand-type impact.
(Photo via the WHL.)
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)