May 23, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators signed Brendan Leipsic to a three-year entry-level contract on Thursday.
Leipsic, 19, tied for the WHL lead in scoring with 120 points (his Portland Winterhawks teammate Nicolas Petan shared the honors). The Predators made him their third-round pick (89th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft.
“He’s a little bit (Jordin) Tootooish, a little bit Brad Marchand. I’m sure that the best description would be that he’s not fun to play against, probably the opposition doesn’t like him too much,” Poile said. “This is the guy you love but they hate. Not big in stature but plays really tough.”
Knowing the Preds system, it will probably take him some time to make a Marchand-type impact.
(Photo via the WHL.)
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)