May 20, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Nashville Predators head coach Barry Trotz league-leading tenure is safe for now, but a disappointing 2013 season seems to have affected his coaching staff.
Firing assistants is a pretty common move in the NHL and professional sports overall, but the Predators organization is known for its uncommon stability. Some followers of the team wondered if they’ve ever fired a prominent staffer, which is reasonable since the most recent one involved firing assistant Paul Gardner way back in 2003, according to The Predatorial’s James Nelson.
Horachek joined the staff in 2003, so this had to be a painful move for Trotz & Co.
If this report ends up being accurate, it makes it tough not to wonder if Trotz’s lengthy tenure could be in danger if things go as poorly in 2013-14.
On the bright side, Lane Lambert and his renowned hair remain in the mix as of this writing.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)