May 20, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Nashville Predators head coach Barry Trotz league-leading tenure is safe for now, but a disappointing 2013 season seems to have affected his coaching staff.
Firing assistants is a pretty common move in the NHL and professional sports overall, but the Predators organization is known for its uncommon stability. Some followers of the team wondered if they’ve ever fired a prominent staffer, which is reasonable since the most recent one involved firing assistant Paul Gardner way back in 2003, according to The Predatorial’s James Nelson.
Horachek joined the staff in 2003, so this had to be a painful move for Trotz & Co.
If this report ends up being accurate, it makes it tough not to wonder if Trotz’s lengthy tenure could be in danger if things go as poorly in 2013-14.
On the bright side, Lane Lambert and his renowned hair remain in the mix as of this writing.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)