May 20, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Nashville Predators head coach Barry Trotz league-leading tenure is safe for now, but a disappointing 2013 season seems to have affected his coaching staff.
Firing assistants is a pretty common move in the NHL and professional sports overall, but the Predators organization is known for its uncommon stability. Some followers of the team wondered if they’ve ever fired a prominent staffer, which is reasonable since the most recent one involved firing assistant Paul Gardner way back in 2003, according to The Predatorial’s James Nelson.
Horachek joined the staff in 2003, so this had to be a painful move for Trotz & Co.
If this report ends up being accurate, it makes it tough not to wonder if Trotz’s lengthy tenure could be in danger if things go as poorly in 2013-14.
On the bright side, Lane Lambert and his renowned hair remain in the mix as of this writing.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9