May 20, 2013, 10:10 PM EST
Nashville Predators head coach Barry Trotz league-leading tenure is safe for now, but a disappointing 2013 season seems to have affected his coaching staff.
Firing assistants is a pretty common move in the NHL and professional sports overall, but the Predators organization is known for its uncommon stability. Some followers of the team wondered if they’ve ever fired a prominent staffer, which is reasonable since the most recent one involved firing assistant Paul Gardner way back in 2003, according to The Predatorial’s James Nelson.
Horachek joined the staff in 2003, so this had to be a painful move for Trotz & Co.
If this report ends up being accurate, it makes it tough not to wonder if Trotz’s lengthy tenure could be in danger if things go as poorly in 2013-14.
On the bright side, Lane Lambert and his renowned hair remain in the mix as of this writing.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 12
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 45
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)