Jun 17, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
A couple of minor Monday deals to pass your way…
Stars re-up with Nilstorp
Dallas has agreed to terms with Swedish netminder Cristopher Nilstorp on a one-year, two-way deal.
The 29-year-old made his NHL debut last season with the Stars, posting a 1-3-1 record with a .897 save percentage and 3.09 GAA.
Assuming the Stars re-sign pending RFA netminder Richard Bachman, Nilstorp — who appeared in 39 games for AHL Texas last season — will once again be one of the organization’s minor league netminders for 2013-14.
Jack Campbell, the club’s No. 1 pick (11th overall, 2010) will likely be with Nilstorp in Texas for the majority of the season, while Bachman would serve as Kari Lehtonen‘s backup in Dallas.
Preds re-up with Piskula
Nashville has agreed to terms with American blueliner Joe Piskula on a one-year, two-way deal worth $550,000 at the NHL level and $135,000 at the AHL level.
A veteran of 10 NHL games (with Calgary and Los Angeles), Piskula was traded by the Flames to Nashville in exchange for Brian McGrattan in February.
The 28-year-old was immediately shipped to AHL Milwaukee, where he scored four points in 23 games, and went pointless in four playoff contests.
Piskula is perhaps best known as a member of the University of Wisconsin team that won the 2006 NCAA Championship, a powerhouse squad that included Joe Pavelski, Adam Burish, Brian Elliott, Tom Gilbert, Davis Drewiske, Jack Skille and Jake Dowell.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)