Jun 17, 2013, 12:34 PM EST
A couple of minor Monday deals to pass your way…
Stars re-up with Nilstorp
Dallas has agreed to terms with Swedish netminder Cristopher Nilstorp on a one-year, two-way deal.
The 29-year-old made his NHL debut last season with the Stars, posting a 1-3-1 record with a .897 save percentage and 3.09 GAA.
Assuming the Stars re-sign pending RFA netminder Richard Bachman, Nilstorp — who appeared in 39 games for AHL Texas last season — will once again be one of the organization’s minor league netminders for 2013-14.
Jack Campbell, the club’s No. 1 pick (11th overall, 2010) will likely be with Nilstorp in Texas for the majority of the season, while Bachman would serve as Kari Lehtonen‘s backup in Dallas.
Preds re-up with Piskula
Nashville has agreed to terms with American blueliner Joe Piskula on a one-year, two-way deal worth $550,000 at the NHL level and $135,000 at the AHL level.
A veteran of 10 NHL games (with Calgary and Los Angeles), Piskula was traded by the Flames to Nashville in exchange for Brian McGrattan in February.
The 28-year-old was immediately shipped to AHL Milwaukee, where he scored four points in 23 games, and went pointless in four playoff contests.
Piskula is perhaps best known as a member of the University of Wisconsin team that won the 2006 NCAA Championship, a powerhouse squad that included Joe Pavelski, Adam Burish, Brian Elliott, Tom Gilbert, Davis Drewiske, Jack Skille and Jake Dowell.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 0
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 12
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)