Jun 17, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
A couple of minor Monday deals to pass your way…
Stars re-up with Nilstorp
Dallas has agreed to terms with Swedish netminder Cristopher Nilstorp on a one-year, two-way deal.
The 29-year-old made his NHL debut last season with the Stars, posting a 1-3-1 record with a .897 save percentage and 3.09 GAA.
Assuming the Stars re-sign pending RFA netminder Richard Bachman, Nilstorp — who appeared in 39 games for AHL Texas last season — will once again be one of the organization’s minor league netminders for 2013-14.
Jack Campbell, the club’s No. 1 pick (11th overall, 2010) will likely be with Nilstorp in Texas for the majority of the season, while Bachman would serve as Kari Lehtonen‘s backup in Dallas.
Preds re-up with Piskula
Nashville has agreed to terms with American blueliner Joe Piskula on a one-year, two-way deal worth $550,000 at the NHL level and $135,000 at the AHL level.
A veteran of 10 NHL games (with Calgary and Los Angeles), Piskula was traded by the Flames to Nashville in exchange for Brian McGrattan in February.
The 28-year-old was immediately shipped to AHL Milwaukee, where he scored four points in 23 games, and went pointless in four playoff contests.
Piskula is perhaps best known as a member of the University of Wisconsin team that won the 2006 NCAA Championship, a powerhouse squad that included Joe Pavelski, Adam Burish, Brian Elliott, Tom Gilbert, Davis Drewiske, Jack Skille and Jake Dowell.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11