Jan 5, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
Letang missed 10 games with an elbow injury he needed surgery to clean up. He last played on December 13 against New Jersey.
This season, Letang has played in 24 games and scored five goals with 11 total points. He missed time earlier this season with a lower body injury that kept him out of most of October.
Getting Letang back will help out a Pens team that’s been decimated by injury. Rob Scuderi‘s return recently helped out but they’re still without Paul Martin, Evgeni Malkin, and Pascal Dupuis. Of those three, Malkin and Martin should be back soon. Martin is out with a broken leg but nearing his return date and Dupuis could be done for the season.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40