Jan 5, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
Letang missed 10 games with an elbow injury he needed surgery to clean up. He last played on December 13 against New Jersey.
This season, Letang has played in 24 games and scored five goals with 11 total points. He missed time earlier this season with a lower body injury that kept him out of most of October.
Getting Letang back will help out a Pens team that’s been decimated by injury. Rob Scuderi‘s return recently helped out but they’re still without Paul Martin, Evgeni Malkin, and Pascal Dupuis. Of those three, Malkin and Martin should be back soon. Martin is out with a broken leg but nearing his return date and Dupuis could be done for the season.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (54)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (42)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)