Jan 5, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
Letang missed 10 games with an elbow injury he needed surgery to clean up. He last played on December 13 against New Jersey.
This season, Letang has played in 24 games and scored five goals with 11 total points. He missed time earlier this season with a lower body injury that kept him out of most of October.
Getting Letang back will help out a Pens team that’s been decimated by injury. Rob Scuderi‘s return recently helped out but they’re still without Paul Martin, Evgeni Malkin, and Pascal Dupuis. Of those three, Malkin and Martin should be back soon. Martin is out with a broken leg but nearing his return date and Dupuis could be done for the season.
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)