Jan 5, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
Letang missed 10 games with an elbow injury he needed surgery to clean up. He last played on December 13 against New Jersey.
This season, Letang has played in 24 games and scored five goals with 11 total points. He missed time earlier this season with a lower body injury that kept him out of most of October.
Getting Letang back will help out a Pens team that’s been decimated by injury. Rob Scuderi‘s return recently helped out but they’re still without Paul Martin, Evgeni Malkin, and Pascal Dupuis. Of those three, Malkin and Martin should be back soon. Martin is out with a broken leg but nearing his return date and Dupuis could be done for the season.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)