Dec 27, 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
The news is in on Pascal Dupuis‘ injured knee, and it isn’t good.
The club also announced Dupuis may be out for the remainder of the season, adding there’s no timetable for return.
Dupuis, 34, was in the midst of another solid season with Pittsburgh prior to getting hurt, scoring seven goals and 20 points through 39 games. The veteran winger had found great success playing on a line with Crosby and Chris Kunitz over the last few years, and enjoyed a tremendous lockout-shortened ’13 season in which he scored 20 goals in 48 games.
This summer, the Pens and Dupuis agreed to a four-year, $15 million contract extension.
As mentioned above, Dupuis was hurt on a freak collision with Crosby during a 5-0 loss to Ottawa. Here’s the play in question:
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)