Dec 27, 2013, 12:52 PM EST
The news is in on Pascal Dupuis‘ injured knee, and it isn’t good.
The club also announced Dupuis may be out for the remainder of the season, adding there’s no timetable for return.
Dupuis, 34, was in the midst of another solid season with Pittsburgh prior to getting hurt, scoring seven goals and 20 points through 39 games. The veteran winger had found great success playing on a line with Crosby and Chris Kunitz over the last few years, and enjoyed a tremendous lockout-shortened ’13 season in which he scored 20 goals in 48 games.
This summer, the Pens and Dupuis agreed to a four-year, $15 million contract extension.
As mentioned above, Dupuis was hurt on a freak collision with Crosby during a 5-0 loss to Ottawa. Here’s the play in question:
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 1
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 14
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)