Dec 27, 2013, 12:52 PM EST
The news is in on Pascal Dupuis‘ injured knee, and it isn’t good.
The club also announced Dupuis may be out for the remainder of the season, adding there’s no timetable for return.
Dupuis, 34, was in the midst of another solid season with Pittsburgh prior to getting hurt, scoring seven goals and 20 points through 39 games. The veteran winger had found great success playing on a line with Crosby and Chris Kunitz over the last few years, and enjoyed a tremendous lockout-shortened ’13 season in which he scored 20 goals in 48 games.
This summer, the Pens and Dupuis agreed to a four-year, $15 million contract extension.
As mentioned above, Dupuis was hurt on a freak collision with Crosby during a 5-0 loss to Ottawa. Here’s the play in question:
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)