Dec 27, 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
The news is in on Pascal Dupuis‘ injured knee, and it isn’t good.
The club also announced Dupuis may be out for the remainder of the season, adding there’s no timetable for return.
Dupuis, 34, was in the midst of another solid season with Pittsburgh prior to getting hurt, scoring seven goals and 20 points through 39 games. The veteran winger had found great success playing on a line with Crosby and Chris Kunitz over the last few years, and enjoyed a tremendous lockout-shortened ’13 season in which he scored 20 goals in 48 games.
This summer, the Pens and Dupuis agreed to a four-year, $15 million contract extension.
As mentioned above, Dupuis was hurt on a freak collision with Crosby during a 5-0 loss to Ottawa. Here’s the play in question:
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 6
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 34
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)