Dec 27, 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
The news is in on Pascal Dupuis‘ injured knee, and it isn’t good.
The club also announced Dupuis may be out for the remainder of the season, adding there’s no timetable for return.
Dupuis, 34, was in the midst of another solid season with Pittsburgh prior to getting hurt, scoring seven goals and 20 points through 39 games. The veteran winger had found great success playing on a line with Crosby and Chris Kunitz over the last few years, and enjoyed a tremendous lockout-shortened ’13 season in which he scored 20 goals in 48 games.
This summer, the Pens and Dupuis agreed to a four-year, $15 million contract extension.
As mentioned above, Dupuis was hurt on a freak collision with Crosby during a 5-0 loss to Ottawa. Here’s the play in question:
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50