Nov 27, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
At this point, Pittsburgh might save time by informing us who isn’t hurt.
On Wednesday, Pens head coach Dan Bylsma announced that defenseman Paul Martin would be lost for the next 4-6 weeks with a fractured tibia, putting him on the shelf next to a staggering number of injured Pens.
Martin, 32, was in the midst of a fine campaign and looked to be right in the mix for a spot on the U.S. Olympic squad. He was averaging a career-high 25:17 TOI per game while sharing the team lead for d-man scoring (11 points, with Matt Niskanen).
News of Martin’s injury comes one day after Pittsburgh lost forward Tanner Glass to a broken hand (3-4 weeks) and two days after it lost another forward, Beau Bennett, for 8-10 weeks after wrist surgery.
So, just in case you’ve lost track:
– Bennett is out following surgery.
– Glass is out with a broken hand.
– Martin is out with a broken leg.
– Chuck Kobasew is on IR with a lower-body issue.
– Rob Scuderi is on IR with a broken ankle.
– Tomas Vokoun is on LTIR with a blood clot.
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 12
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 3
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 57
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 26
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 33
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 9
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (57)