Nov 27, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
At this point, Pittsburgh might save time by informing us who isn’t hurt.
On Wednesday, Pens head coach Dan Bylsma announced that defenseman Paul Martin would be lost for the next 4-6 weeks with a fractured tibia, putting him on the shelf next to a staggering number of injured Pens.
Martin, 32, was in the midst of a fine campaign and looked to be right in the mix for a spot on the U.S. Olympic squad. He was averaging a career-high 25:17 TOI per game while sharing the team lead for d-man scoring (11 points, with Matt Niskanen).
News of Martin’s injury comes one day after Pittsburgh lost forward Tanner Glass to a broken hand (3-4 weeks) and two days after it lost another forward, Beau Bennett, for 8-10 weeks after wrist surgery.
So, just in case you’ve lost track:
– Bennett is out following surgery.
– Glass is out with a broken hand.
– Martin is out with a broken leg.
– Chuck Kobasew is on IR with a lower-body issue.
– Rob Scuderi is on IR with a broken ankle.
– Tomas Vokoun is on LTIR with a blood clot.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)