Nov 27, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
At this point, Pittsburgh might save time by informing us who isn’t hurt.
On Wednesday, Pens head coach Dan Bylsma announced that defenseman Paul Martin would be lost for the next 4-6 weeks with a fractured tibia, putting him on the shelf next to a staggering number of injured Pens.
Martin, 32, was in the midst of a fine campaign and looked to be right in the mix for a spot on the U.S. Olympic squad. He was averaging a career-high 25:17 TOI per game while sharing the team lead for d-man scoring (11 points, with Matt Niskanen).
News of Martin’s injury comes one day after Pittsburgh lost forward Tanner Glass to a broken hand (3-4 weeks) and two days after it lost another forward, Beau Bennett, for 8-10 weeks after wrist surgery.
So, just in case you’ve lost track:
– Bennett is out following surgery.
– Glass is out with a broken hand.
– Martin is out with a broken leg.
– Chuck Kobasew is on IR with a lower-body issue.
– Rob Scuderi is on IR with a broken ankle.
– Tomas Vokoun is on LTIR with a blood clot.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)