Nov 27, 2013, 11:57 AM EST
At this point, Pittsburgh might save time by informing us who isn’t hurt.
On Wednesday, Pens head coach Dan Bylsma announced that defenseman Paul Martin would be lost for the next 4-6 weeks with a fractured tibia, putting him on the shelf next to a staggering number of injured Pens.
Martin, 32, was in the midst of a fine campaign and looked to be right in the mix for a spot on the U.S. Olympic squad. He was averaging a career-high 25:17 TOI per game while sharing the team lead for d-man scoring (11 points, with Matt Niskanen).
News of Martin’s injury comes one day after Pittsburgh lost forward Tanner Glass to a broken hand (3-4 weeks) and two days after it lost another forward, Beau Bennett, for 8-10 weeks after wrist surgery.
So, just in case you’ve lost track:
– Bennett is out following surgery.
– Glass is out with a broken hand.
– Martin is out with a broken leg.
– Chuck Kobasew is on IR with a lower-body issue.
– Rob Scuderi is on IR with a broken ankle.
– Tomas Vokoun is on LTIR with a blood clot.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 12
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 15
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 35
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)