Jun 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators continue to lock up free agents, agreeing to terms with forward Kevin Henderson on a two-year, two way deal on Tuesday.
Henderson, 26, made his NHL debut last season, appearing in four games for Nashville while registering 1G-0A-1PT. An undrafted free agent, he spent two years playing Canadian collegiate hockey following his junior career, then inked on with the San Jose organization before finally landing in Nashville.
Last year, he finished third in goals (17) for the Preds’ AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
Henderson will make $550,000 at the NHL level and $75,000 at the AHL level in 2013-14, and $550,000 at the NHL level and $80,000 at the AHL level in 2014-15.
This signing is the latest from GM David Poile, who’s been a busy man recently. Yesterday, he agreed to terms with defenseman Joe Piskula and, last week, gave blueliner Roman Josi a seven-year contract extension.
Prior to that, he gave Patric Hornqvist a five-year, $21.25 million deal, signed WHL scoring champ Brendan Leipsic and hired Phil Housley as the team’s new assistant coach, firing Peter Horachek.
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 4
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)