Jun 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators continue to lock up free agents, agreeing to terms with forward Kevin Henderson on a two-year, two way deal on Tuesday.
Henderson, 26, made his NHL debut last season, appearing in four games for Nashville while registering 1G-0A-1PT. An undrafted free agent, he spent two years playing Canadian collegiate hockey following his junior career, then inked on with the San Jose organization before finally landing in Nashville.
Last year, he finished third in goals (17) for the Preds’ AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
Henderson will make $550,000 at the NHL level and $75,000 at the AHL level in 2013-14, and $550,000 at the NHL level and $80,000 at the AHL level in 2014-15.
This signing is the latest from GM David Poile, who’s been a busy man recently. Yesterday, he agreed to terms with defenseman Joe Piskula and, last week, gave blueliner Roman Josi a seven-year contract extension.
Prior to that, he gave Patric Hornqvist a five-year, $21.25 million deal, signed WHL scoring champ Brendan Leipsic and hired Phil Housley as the team’s new assistant coach, firing Peter Horachek.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 11
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 28
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)