Jun 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators continue to lock up free agents, agreeing to terms with forward Kevin Henderson on a two-year, two way deal on Tuesday.
Henderson, 26, made his NHL debut last season, appearing in four games for Nashville while registering 1G-0A-1PT. An undrafted free agent, he spent two years playing Canadian collegiate hockey following his junior career, then inked on with the San Jose organization before finally landing in Nashville.
Last year, he finished third in goals (17) for the Preds’ AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
Henderson will make $550,000 at the NHL level and $75,000 at the AHL level in 2013-14, and $550,000 at the NHL level and $80,000 at the AHL level in 2014-15.
This signing is the latest from GM David Poile, who’s been a busy man recently. Yesterday, he agreed to terms with defenseman Joe Piskula and, last week, gave blueliner Roman Josi a seven-year contract extension.
Prior to that, he gave Patric Hornqvist a five-year, $21.25 million deal, signed WHL scoring champ Brendan Leipsic and hired Phil Housley as the team’s new assistant coach, firing Peter Horachek.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)