Nov 4, 2012, 7:14 PM EST
The NHL and NHLPA are expected to meet up in New York next week, although they reportedly won’t do so any sooner than Tuesday, RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie reports.
The NHLPA will also hold a conference call at four pm ET on Monday, according to TSN’s Aaron Ward.
The latest round of formal negotiations follow a tumultuous weekend where the 2013 Winter Classic was canceled and postponed to 2014 on Friday, but Steve Fehr and Bill Daly held lengthy, informal talks on Saturday.
While there have been repeated reports about the two sides staying in touch via phone calls and e-mails, larger-scale discussions have been halted since the two sides hit an impasse on Oct. 18.
Some believe the new deadline for a CBA would fall around Nov. 23,* so a perceived increase in urgency is a welcome sight for anxious fans. It’s anyone’s guess just how much progress might be made, though.
* – Just a few days after the NBA came to its own CBA agreement in 2011, if you find parallels between the two processes.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)