Nov 4, 2012, 7:14 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA are expected to meet up in New York next week, although they reportedly won’t do so any sooner than Tuesday, RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie reports.
The NHLPA will also hold a conference call at four pm ET on Monday, according to TSN’s Aaron Ward.
The latest round of formal negotiations follow a tumultuous weekend where the 2013 Winter Classic was canceled and postponed to 2014 on Friday, but Steve Fehr and Bill Daly held lengthy, informal talks on Saturday.
While there have been repeated reports about the two sides staying in touch via phone calls and e-mails, larger-scale discussions have been halted since the two sides hit an impasse on Oct. 18.
Some believe the new deadline for a CBA would fall around Nov. 23,* so a perceived increase in urgency is a welcome sight for anxious fans. It’s anyone’s guess just how much progress might be made, though.
* – Just a few days after the NBA came to its own CBA agreement in 2011, if you find parallels between the two processes.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)