Nov 4, 2012, 7:14 PM EST
The NHL and NHLPA are expected to meet up in New York next week, although they reportedly won’t do so any sooner than Tuesday, RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie reports.
The NHLPA will also hold a conference call at four pm ET on Monday, according to TSN’s Aaron Ward.
The latest round of formal negotiations follow a tumultuous weekend where the 2013 Winter Classic was canceled and postponed to 2014 on Friday, but Steve Fehr and Bill Daly held lengthy, informal talks on Saturday.
While there have been repeated reports about the two sides staying in touch via phone calls and e-mails, larger-scale discussions have been halted since the two sides hit an impasse on Oct. 18.
Some believe the new deadline for a CBA would fall around Nov. 23,* so a perceived increase in urgency is a welcome sight for anxious fans. It’s anyone’s guess just how much progress might be made, though.
* – Just a few days after the NBA came to its own CBA agreement in 2011, if you find parallels between the two processes.
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 1
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 10
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 82
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)