Nov 4, 2012, 7:14 PM EST
The NHL and NHLPA are expected to meet up in New York next week, although they reportedly won’t do so any sooner than Tuesday, RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie reports.
The NHLPA will also hold a conference call at four pm ET on Monday, according to TSN’s Aaron Ward.
The latest round of formal negotiations follow a tumultuous weekend where the 2013 Winter Classic was canceled and postponed to 2014 on Friday, but Steve Fehr and Bill Daly held lengthy, informal talks on Saturday.
While there have been repeated reports about the two sides staying in touch via phone calls and e-mails, larger-scale discussions have been halted since the two sides hit an impasse on Oct. 18.
Some believe the new deadline for a CBA would fall around Nov. 23,* so a perceived increase in urgency is a welcome sight for anxious fans. It’s anyone’s guess just how much progress might be made, though.
* – Just a few days after the NBA came to its own CBA agreement in 2011, if you find parallels between the two processes.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)