Nov 4, 2012, 12:56 PM EDT
Maybe it really is time to be optimistic.
After Bill Daly had encouraging words about yesterday’s marathon meeting in an undisclosed location, NHLPA Special Counsel Steve Fehr shared his thoughts on talks and finally the two agree on something.
“I agree with what Bill said. Hopefully we can continue the dialogue, expand the group, and make steady progress.”
It’s hard not to be cautiously optimistic. The two sides are delivering respectful quotes about the process and keeping the potshots out of the mix. They’re being downright civil and more importantly they’re keeping specifics of what’s being discussed out of the headlines.
With the two sides planning to meet early in the week, perhaps now it’s time we’ll see real progress being made in getting a new CBA agreed to.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)