Nov 4, 2012, 12:56 PM EDT
Maybe it really is time to be optimistic.
After Bill Daly had encouraging words about yesterday’s marathon meeting in an undisclosed location, NHLPA Special Counsel Steve Fehr shared his thoughts on talks and finally the two agree on something.
“I agree with what Bill said. Hopefully we can continue the dialogue, expand the group, and make steady progress.”
It’s hard not to be cautiously optimistic. The two sides are delivering respectful quotes about the process and keeping the potshots out of the mix. They’re being downright civil and more importantly they’re keeping specifics of what’s being discussed out of the headlines.
With the two sides planning to meet early in the week, perhaps now it’s time we’ll see real progress being made in getting a new CBA agreed to.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 15
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17