Nov 4, 2012, 12:56 PM EST
Maybe it really is time to be optimistic.
After Bill Daly had encouraging words about yesterday’s marathon meeting in an undisclosed location, NHLPA Special Counsel Steve Fehr shared his thoughts on talks and finally the two agree on something.
“I agree with what Bill said. Hopefully we can continue the dialogue, expand the group, and make steady progress.”
It’s hard not to be cautiously optimistic. The two sides are delivering respectful quotes about the process and keeping the potshots out of the mix. They’re being downright civil and more importantly they’re keeping specifics of what’s being discussed out of the headlines.
With the two sides planning to meet early in the week, perhaps now it’s time we’ll see real progress being made in getting a new CBA agreed to.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 37
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28