Nov 4, 2012, 12:56 PM EST
Maybe it really is time to be optimistic.
After Bill Daly had encouraging words about yesterday’s marathon meeting in an undisclosed location, NHLPA Special Counsel Steve Fehr shared his thoughts on talks and finally the two agree on something.
“I agree with what Bill said. Hopefully we can continue the dialogue, expand the group, and make steady progress.”
It’s hard not to be cautiously optimistic. The two sides are delivering respectful quotes about the process and keeping the potshots out of the mix. They’re being downright civil and more importantly they’re keeping specifics of what’s being discussed out of the headlines.
With the two sides planning to meet early in the week, perhaps now it’s time we’ll see real progress being made in getting a new CBA agreed to.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 20
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5