Nov 4, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Yesterday’s meeting between Bill Daly and Steve Fehr in a secret location managed to stretch far into the night.
Chris Johnston of The Canadian Press heard from Daly about how things went down and found out things seemed to go well.
“We met on and off for most of the day and covered a lot of ground. We plan to meet again early in the week.”
Time to be cautiously optimistic here. If they’re discussing the most important issues, it’s clear they’re getting serious about how to divvy up revenue and figuring out a way to appease both sides.
Without getting any leaks (to this point) about what exactly they’re going over, you have to believe they’re buckling down and cutting out distractions (read: the inquisitive eyes of the media) to get this mess sorted out.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)