Nov 4, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Yesterday’s meeting between Bill Daly and Steve Fehr in a secret location managed to stretch far into the night.
Chris Johnston of The Canadian Press heard from Daly about how things went down and found out things seemed to go well.
“We met on and off for most of the day and covered a lot of ground. We plan to meet again early in the week.”
Time to be cautiously optimistic here. If they’re discussing the most important issues, it’s clear they’re getting serious about how to divvy up revenue and figuring out a way to appease both sides.
Without getting any leaks (to this point) about what exactly they’re going over, you have to believe they’re buckling down and cutting out distractions (read: the inquisitive eyes of the media) to get this mess sorted out.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)