Oct 22, 2012, 9:36 PM EDT
After last week’s heated negotiations, NHL general managers and owners were given permission to speak to the locked-out players during a 48-hour window, according to Louis Jean.
However, what they were allowed to talk about was limited. NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said that they were only permitted to “answer player questions about the proposal we tabled last week.”
Meanwhile, the CBA talks seem to be at a standstill despite the fact that there’s precious little time left if we want to have a full 82-game season. Nov. 2 is the cutoff date NHL commissioner Gary Bettman gave for the start of a 2012-13 campaign with a full schedule, but we would need a CBA finalized well before that to allow for training camps.
If we don’t get a CBA agreement by the end of Thursday, then it might already be too late for anything other than a shortened schedule.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 6
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 11
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)