Oct 22, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
After a weekend filled with no real updates on labor progress, we’re left to wonder what exactly the discourse is between the owners and players.
NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly tells the AP talks are continuing but not in a way the fans will get excited about.
“We had a conference call today to answer some of their questions,” NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly told The Associated Press in an email Sunday. “No bargaining. And no bargaining meetings scheduled.”
Well that’s… Something at least. Considering all the tough talk that came out in the wake of the NHL’s outright rejection of the players’ associations three proposals, you’d be worried if all contact was cut off.
That’s not the case here, however, and many believe there’s a deal to be made out of all this, including NHLPA special counsel Steve Fehr. This week will be a big one for negotiations if they’re to get a deal done in time to start the season on November 2 and play a full 82-game schedule.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 14
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 48
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)