Oct 21, 2012, 3:47 PM EST
Right now we seem to be stuck in limbo as far as the CBA talks are concerned, but things can change quickly. The question is: Do they need to in order to save the season?
Although we’re only in mid-October, a team executive recently told Pierre LeBrun that there won’t be a 2012-13 season if we don’t get a new CBA within the next week.
That sentiment might be overly pessimistic, but at the same time, the odds of us getting a full 82-game season will be extremely remote if a new CBA isn’t finalized very soon. It has been indicated that the season needs to start by Nov. 2 in order to preserve a full schedule.
The NHL seems to be standing by its most recent offer, which would have given both sides half of hockey-related revenues.
“We think there’s a framework of a deal on the table,” NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said in a Globe and Mail report.
The league doesn’t feel the same way about the union’s three counter-proposals, which it quickly rejected.
After that, NHLPA boss Donald Fehr warned that we could be in for a “fairly long road.”
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)