Oct 21, 2012, 3:47 PM EST
Right now we seem to be stuck in limbo as far as the CBA talks are concerned, but things can change quickly. The question is: Do they need to in order to save the season?
Although we’re only in mid-October, a team executive recently told Pierre LeBrun that there won’t be a 2012-13 season if we don’t get a new CBA within the next week.
That sentiment might be overly pessimistic, but at the same time, the odds of us getting a full 82-game season will be extremely remote if a new CBA isn’t finalized very soon. It has been indicated that the season needs to start by Nov. 2 in order to preserve a full schedule.
The NHL seems to be standing by its most recent offer, which would have given both sides half of hockey-related revenues.
“We think there’s a framework of a deal on the table,” NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said in a Globe and Mail report.
The league doesn’t feel the same way about the union’s three counter-proposals, which it quickly rejected.
After that, NHLPA boss Donald Fehr warned that we could be in for a “fairly long road.”
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 5
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)