Oct 22, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Online sports book Bovada is offering 2/1 odds the owners and players will reach a new CBA before Nov. 2 and 1/3 odds it’ll be Nov. 2 or after.
Which is to say, Bovada doesn’t think a full 82-game season is likely, since a new CBA would surely need to be ratified by Nov. 2, if not earlier, for that to occur.
On the bright side, Bovada’s only willing to give 4/7 odds that the lockout will stretch past Dec. 31.
Not that site’s odds have been gospel when it comes to the NHL’s labor dispute. In June, it offered 1/5 odds a new agreement would be reached before the Sept. 15 expiration of the old CBA and 3/1 odds there’d be a lockout.
If only we had access to Gary Bettman’s betting account.
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 0
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 67
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona