Oct 22, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Online sports book Bovada is offering 2/1 odds the owners and players will reach a new CBA before Nov. 2 and 1/3 odds it’ll be Nov. 2 or after.
Which is to say, Bovada doesn’t think a full 82-game season is likely, since a new CBA would surely need to be ratified by Nov. 2, if not earlier, for that to occur.
On the bright side, Bovada’s only willing to give 4/7 odds that the lockout will stretch past Dec. 31.
Not that site’s odds have been gospel when it comes to the NHL’s labor dispute. In June, it offered 1/5 odds a new agreement would be reached before the Sept. 15 expiration of the old CBA and 3/1 odds there’d be a lockout.
If only we had access to Gary Bettman’s betting account.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18