Oct 22, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Online sports book Bovada is offering 2/1 odds the owners and players will reach a new CBA before Nov. 2 and 1/3 odds it’ll be Nov. 2 or after.
Which is to say, Bovada doesn’t think a full 82-game season is likely, since a new CBA would surely need to be ratified by Nov. 2, if not earlier, for that to occur.
On the bright side, Bovada’s only willing to give 4/7 odds that the lockout will stretch past Dec. 31.
Not that site’s odds have been gospel when it comes to the NHL’s labor dispute. In June, it offered 1/5 odds a new agreement would be reached before the Sept. 15 expiration of the old CBA and 3/1 odds there’d be a lockout.
If only we had access to Gary Bettman’s betting account.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 3
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 21
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27