Oct 22, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Online sports book Bovada is offering 2/1 odds the owners and players will reach a new CBA before Nov. 2 and 1/3 odds it’ll be Nov. 2 or after.
Which is to say, Bovada doesn’t think a full 82-game season is likely, since a new CBA would surely need to be ratified by Nov. 2, if not earlier, for that to occur.
On the bright side, Bovada’s only willing to give 4/7 odds that the lockout will stretch past Dec. 31.
Not that site’s odds have been gospel when it comes to the NHL’s labor dispute. In June, it offered 1/5 odds a new agreement would be reached before the Sept. 15 expiration of the old CBA and 3/1 odds there’d be a lockout.
If only we had access to Gary Bettman’s betting account.
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 2
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 29
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)