Dec 20, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
To celebrate the best moments of each week, we’ll put up a poll to see which goal/save/whatever was the most amazing of a given seven days. We might not always have one per day and sometimes there will be more than seven to choose from, but all you need to do is vote for your favorite.
Because putting a handful of videos in one post will bog down some internet connections, we’ll simply insert a link to each post.
Save of the Night: Jonathan Quick.
Save of the Night: Marc-Andre Fleury.
Save of the Night: Martin Brodeur.
Save of the Night: Cam Ward.
Save of the Night: Martin Brodeur (again).
Save of the Night: Tim Thomas.
Save of the Night: Chris Osgood.
Once again, we have one goalie earning two entries. Considering the kind of season Brodeur is having, this might be a (marginally) comforting sight for New Jersey Devils fans. One thing that sets this list apart is that every goalie is more or less a “big name” guy, Osgood is the only backup but he has Stanley Cups on his resume.
So the question is: who made the best stop? Vote in the poll below.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (54)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (42)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)