Dec 14, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
In case you missed it last night, Kings goalie Jonathan Quick spent an evening in “The Zone” stuffing 51 Red Wings shots in earning a 5-0 shutout win in Detroit. A night that’s truly incredible like that should have at least one or two saves in it worthy of being our save of the night right? Right.
In this case, Detroit’s Darren Helm gets the golden opportunity just moments after being flattened by an open ice hit by Jack Johnson. Helm comes through the slot after a Dan Cleary shot bounces off Quick’s pads with a rebound opportunity only to see Quick make an great lunging stop to rob him. After seeing saves like that, Detroit had to know that their frustration would only build as the night went along and sure enough… It did.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5