Dec 14, 2010, 10:45 AM EST
In case you missed it last night, Kings goalie Jonathan Quick spent an evening in “The Zone” stuffing 51 Red Wings shots in earning a 5-0 shutout win in Detroit. A night that’s truly incredible like that should have at least one or two saves in it worthy of being our save of the night right? Right.
In this case, Detroit’s Darren Helm gets the golden opportunity just moments after being flattened by an open ice hit by Jack Johnson. Helm comes through the slot after a Dan Cleary shot bounces off Quick’s pads with a rebound opportunity only to see Quick make an great lunging stop to rob him. After seeing saves like that, Detroit had to know that their frustration would only build as the night went along and sure enough… It did.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8