Dec 18, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
We know it hasn’t been at all enjoyable for the New Jersey Devils this season and their fans haven’t had a whole heck of a lot to be happy about, but there are moments now and again where they get a glimpse of something worth jumping out of their seat over. For instance, lifetime Devil Martin Brodeur.
Brodeur had a tough night dealing with the Nashville Predators attack and he was victimized twice by Martin Erat, but when it was Colin Wilson’s turn to take a shot at beating Brodeur, he found out what so many in the past have discovered: It’s really tough to get one by Brodeur no matter what the situation is. Wilson’s virtual breakaway on the left wing side saw him deke and look to move around Brodeur to stuff the puck in on the yawning side of the net only to see Brodeur lunge back across his crease to stop the shot.
Just chalk it up as yet another highlight reel stop for a legendary goaltender.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)