Dec 18, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
We know it hasn’t been at all enjoyable for the New Jersey Devils this season and their fans haven’t had a whole heck of a lot to be happy about, but there are moments now and again where they get a glimpse of something worth jumping out of their seat over. For instance, lifetime Devil Martin Brodeur.
Brodeur had a tough night dealing with the Nashville Predators attack and he was victimized twice by Martin Erat, but when it was Colin Wilson’s turn to take a shot at beating Brodeur, he found out what so many in the past have discovered: It’s really tough to get one by Brodeur no matter what the situation is. Wilson’s virtual breakaway on the left wing side saw him deke and look to move around Brodeur to stuff the puck in on the yawning side of the net only to see Brodeur lunge back across his crease to stop the shot.
Just chalk it up as yet another highlight reel stop for a legendary goaltender.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)