Dec 18, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
We know it hasn’t been at all enjoyable for the New Jersey Devils this season and their fans haven’t had a whole heck of a lot to be happy about, but there are moments now and again where they get a glimpse of something worth jumping out of their seat over. For instance, lifetime Devil Martin Brodeur.
Brodeur had a tough night dealing with the Nashville Predators attack and he was victimized twice by Martin Erat, but when it was Colin Wilson’s turn to take a shot at beating Brodeur, he found out what so many in the past have discovered: It’s really tough to get one by Brodeur no matter what the situation is. Wilson’s virtual breakaway on the left wing side saw him deke and look to move around Brodeur to stuff the puck in on the yawning side of the net only to see Brodeur lunge back across his crease to stop the shot.
Just chalk it up as yet another highlight reel stop for a legendary goaltender.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20