Dec 18, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
We know it hasn’t been at all enjoyable for the New Jersey Devils this season and their fans haven’t had a whole heck of a lot to be happy about, but there are moments now and again where they get a glimpse of something worth jumping out of their seat over. For instance, lifetime Devil Martin Brodeur.
Brodeur had a tough night dealing with the Nashville Predators attack and he was victimized twice by Martin Erat, but when it was Colin Wilson’s turn to take a shot at beating Brodeur, he found out what so many in the past have discovered: It’s really tough to get one by Brodeur no matter what the situation is. Wilson’s virtual breakaway on the left wing side saw him deke and look to move around Brodeur to stuff the puck in on the yawning side of the net only to see Brodeur lunge back across his crease to stop the shot.
Just chalk it up as yet another highlight reel stop for a legendary goaltender.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)