Dec 18, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
We know it hasn’t been at all enjoyable for the New Jersey Devils this season and their fans haven’t had a whole heck of a lot to be happy about, but there are moments now and again where they get a glimpse of something worth jumping out of their seat over. For instance, lifetime Devil Martin Brodeur.
Brodeur had a tough night dealing with the Nashville Predators attack and he was victimized twice by Martin Erat, but when it was Colin Wilson’s turn to take a shot at beating Brodeur, he found out what so many in the past have discovered: It’s really tough to get one by Brodeur no matter what the situation is. Wilson’s virtual breakaway on the left wing side saw him deke and look to move around Brodeur to stuff the puck in on the yawning side of the net only to see Brodeur lunge back across his crease to stop the shot.
Just chalk it up as yet another highlight reel stop for a legendary goaltender.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)