Dec 15, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Do not adjust your monitors/iPads/whatever you might be viewing this post on, as this isn’t some typo or republished post.
Nope, Marc-Andre Fleury is just on fire right now. Sure, it is true that he (and the Pittsburgh Penguins) finally lost a game on Tuesday against the Philadelphia Flyers.
Yet as many stat-minded hockey fans will tell you, a goalie’s win-loss record isn’t always the best indication of his skill. Fleury received the “L” against Philly, but he kept the Penguins in a tightly-played game by making some big and difficult saves.
Overall, Fleury allowed three goals on 37 shots in another impressive performance by the No. 1 pick from the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. His best save of the evening probably took place after the game’s final goal was scored, as he robbed James van Riemsdyk to keep the match at 3-2.
Enjoy this clip below and click here for his December 6-12 save of the week stop if you’re in the mood for a little more Fleury.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)