Dec 15, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Do not adjust your monitors/iPads/whatever you might be viewing this post on, as this isn’t some typo or republished post.
Nope, Marc-Andre Fleury is just on fire right now. Sure, it is true that he (and the Pittsburgh Penguins) finally lost a game on Tuesday against the Philadelphia Flyers.
Yet as many stat-minded hockey fans will tell you, a goalie’s win-loss record isn’t always the best indication of his skill. Fleury received the “L” against Philly, but he kept the Penguins in a tightly-played game by making some big and difficult saves.
Overall, Fleury allowed three goals on 37 shots in another impressive performance by the No. 1 pick from the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. His best save of the evening probably took place after the game’s final goal was scored, as he robbed James van Riemsdyk to keep the match at 3-2.
Enjoy this clip below and click here for his December 6-12 save of the week stop if you’re in the mood for a little more Fleury.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)