Dec 15, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Do not adjust your monitors/iPads/whatever you might be viewing this post on, as this isn’t some typo or republished post.
Nope, Marc-Andre Fleury is just on fire right now. Sure, it is true that he (and the Pittsburgh Penguins) finally lost a game on Tuesday against the Philadelphia Flyers.
Yet as many stat-minded hockey fans will tell you, a goalie’s win-loss record isn’t always the best indication of his skill. Fleury received the “L” against Philly, but he kept the Penguins in a tightly-played game by making some big and difficult saves.
Overall, Fleury allowed three goals on 37 shots in another impressive performance by the No. 1 pick from the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. His best save of the evening probably took place after the game’s final goal was scored, as he robbed James van Riemsdyk to keep the match at 3-2.
Enjoy this clip below and click here for his December 6-12 save of the week stop if you’re in the mood for a little more Fleury.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)