Dec 15, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Do not adjust your monitors/iPads/whatever you might be viewing this post on, as this isn’t some typo or republished post.
Nope, Marc-Andre Fleury is just on fire right now. Sure, it is true that he (and the Pittsburgh Penguins) finally lost a game on Tuesday against the Philadelphia Flyers.
Yet as many stat-minded hockey fans will tell you, a goalie’s win-loss record isn’t always the best indication of his skill. Fleury received the “L” against Philly, but he kept the Penguins in a tightly-played game by making some big and difficult saves.
Overall, Fleury allowed three goals on 37 shots in another impressive performance by the No. 1 pick from the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. His best save of the evening probably took place after the game’s final goal was scored, as he robbed James van Riemsdyk to keep the match at 3-2.
Enjoy this clip below and click here for his December 6-12 save of the week stop if you’re in the mood for a little more Fleury.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)