Dec 17, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
There were some great saves last night (Jean-Sebastien Giguere made a similar stop to the one Tim Thomas made a while ago, although he didn’t hold onto the puck), but I’m giving bonus points for a great overall night of work.
Cam Ward probably produced the best performance of all the 18 starting goalies tonight, stopping 45 out of 47 shots as he helped the Carolina Hurricanes beat the Atlanta Thrashers in a shootout.
Ward’s best save(s) came at the most important time, as he robbed Johnny Oduya on a series of shots. Considering the fact that it took place during the waning moments of overtime really puts it over the top.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)