Dec 17, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
There were some great saves last night (Jean-Sebastien Giguere made a similar stop to the one Tim Thomas made a while ago, although he didn’t hold onto the puck), but I’m giving bonus points for a great overall night of work.
Cam Ward probably produced the best performance of all the 18 starting goalies tonight, stopping 45 out of 47 shots as he helped the Carolina Hurricanes beat the Atlanta Thrashers in a shootout.
Ward’s best save(s) came at the most important time, as he robbed Johnny Oduya on a series of shots. Considering the fact that it took place during the waning moments of overtime really puts it over the top.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 2
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)