Dec 17, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
There were some great saves last night (Jean-Sebastien Giguere made a similar stop to the one Tim Thomas made a while ago, although he didn’t hold onto the puck), but I’m giving bonus points for a great overall night of work.
Cam Ward probably produced the best performance of all the 18 starting goalies tonight, stopping 45 out of 47 shots as he helped the Carolina Hurricanes beat the Atlanta Thrashers in a shootout.
Ward’s best save(s) came at the most important time, as he robbed Johnny Oduya on a series of shots. Considering the fact that it took place during the waning moments of overtime really puts it over the top.
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 6
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 29
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 43
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 27
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41