Dec 17, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
There were some great saves last night (Jean-Sebastien Giguere made a similar stop to the one Tim Thomas made a while ago, although he didn’t hold onto the puck), but I’m giving bonus points for a great overall night of work.
Cam Ward probably produced the best performance of all the 18 starting goalies tonight, stopping 45 out of 47 shots as he helped the Carolina Hurricanes beat the Atlanta Thrashers in a shootout.
Ward’s best save(s) came at the most important time, as he robbed Johnny Oduya on a series of shots. Considering the fact that it took place during the waning moments of overtime really puts it over the top.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)