Apr 7, 2014, 1:08 PM EST
Kane says he expects to be back in the lineup tonight versus Minnesota, but Saturday’s scratching will only add to the speculation he could be dealt this summer.
And that speculation has been going on for some time now.
Kane is only 22 years old, and there’s no doubting his talent. He already has 97 career goals, including the 30 he scored in 2011-12.
If you’d like another reason he’d garner significant interest on the trade market, his contract runs through 2017-18 for an affordable cap hit of $5.25 million.
All that said, if he is made available by the Jets, there will be questions about his character.
Does this look like a happy hockey player?
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29