Apr 6, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
“That was a coach’s decision,” Maurice said. “You’ll get no rationale from me. You’ve seen me on TV before. There’s nothing rational out of my mouth.”
When Maurice was asked what Kane could do to get back in the lineup, his answer was a bit cryptic.
“Probably just come to the rink,” Maurice said.
Kane was replaced by Devin Setoguchi in the Jets lineup. Since coming back from the Olympic break, Kane has two goals and eight assists.
Things have been a bit busy for Kane for all the wrong reasons recently. He’s facing a lawsuit for an alleged assault and has had reported tension with the team during the season. This latest episode won’t do much to cool things off.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)