Apr 6, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
“That was a coach’s decision,” Maurice said. “You’ll get no rationale from me. You’ve seen me on TV before. There’s nothing rational out of my mouth.”
When Maurice was asked what Kane could do to get back in the lineup, his answer was a bit cryptic.
“Probably just come to the rink,” Maurice said.
Kane was replaced by Devin Setoguchi in the Jets lineup. Since coming back from the Olympic break, Kane has two goals and eight assists.
Things have been a bit busy for Kane for all the wrong reasons recently. He’s facing a lawsuit for an alleged assault and has had reported tension with the team during the season. This latest episode won’t do much to cool things off.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54