Apr 6, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
“That was a coach’s decision,” Maurice said. “You’ll get no rationale from me. You’ve seen me on TV before. There’s nothing rational out of my mouth.”
When Maurice was asked what Kane could do to get back in the lineup, his answer was a bit cryptic.
“Probably just come to the rink,” Maurice said.
Kane was replaced by Devin Setoguchi in the Jets lineup. Since coming back from the Olympic break, Kane has two goals and eight assists.
Things have been a bit busy for Kane for all the wrong reasons recently. He’s facing a lawsuit for an alleged assault and has had reported tension with the team during the season. This latest episode won’t do much to cool things off.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)