Apr 6, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
“That was a coach’s decision,” Maurice said. “You’ll get no rationale from me. You’ve seen me on TV before. There’s nothing rational out of my mouth.”
When Maurice was asked what Kane could do to get back in the lineup, his answer was a bit cryptic.
“Probably just come to the rink,” Maurice said.
Kane was replaced by Devin Setoguchi in the Jets lineup. Since coming back from the Olympic break, Kane has two goals and eight assists.
Things have been a bit busy for Kane for all the wrong reasons recently. He’s facing a lawsuit for an alleged assault and has had reported tension with the team during the season. This latest episode won’t do much to cool things off.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)