Apr 6, 2014, 1:04 PM EST
“That was a coach’s decision,” Maurice said. “You’ll get no rationale from me. You’ve seen me on TV before. There’s nothing rational out of my mouth.”
When Maurice was asked what Kane could do to get back in the lineup, his answer was a bit cryptic.
“Probably just come to the rink,” Maurice said.
Kane was replaced by Devin Setoguchi in the Jets lineup. Since coming back from the Olympic break, Kane has two goals and eight assists.
Things have been a bit busy for Kane for all the wrong reasons recently. He’s facing a lawsuit for an alleged assault and has had reported tension with the team during the season. This latest episode won’t do much to cool things off.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)