Feb 18, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
The Linus Omark experience in Buffalo is over.
The Sabres announced they’ve terminated their contract with the 27-year-old Swedish winger. Omark was placed on $125 waivers yesterday for the express purpose of terminating his deal and after passing through that unclaimed, that’s precisely what happened.
Omark’s next stop could be in Sweden where he was rumored to be working on a deal with Lulea in the Swedish Hockey League.
In 13 games with Buffalo this season, Omark had no goals and two assists and was a healthy scratch on occasion. He was assigned to AHL Rochester last week, but didn’t report there in hopes of finding a new team to latch on to. Now he’ll have that opportunity.
Omark was acquired in a December trade from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for a conditional draft pick.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54