Feb 18, 2014, 5:22 PM EST
The Linus Omark experience in Buffalo is over.
The Sabres announced they’ve terminated their contract with the 27-year-old Swedish winger. Omark was placed on $125 waivers yesterday for the express purpose of terminating his deal and after passing through that unclaimed, that’s precisely what happened.
Omark’s next stop could be in Sweden where he was rumored to be working on a deal with Lulea in the Swedish Hockey League.
In 13 games with Buffalo this season, Omark had no goals and two assists and was a healthy scratch on occasion. He was assigned to AHL Rochester last week, but didn’t report there in hopes of finding a new team to latch on to. Now he’ll have that opportunity.
Omark was acquired in a December trade from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for a conditional draft pick.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 59
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (143)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)