Feb 18, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
The Linus Omark experience in Buffalo is over.
The Sabres announced they’ve terminated their contract with the 27-year-old Swedish winger. Omark was placed on $125 waivers yesterday for the express purpose of terminating his deal and after passing through that unclaimed, that’s precisely what happened.
Omark’s next stop could be in Sweden where he was rumored to be working on a deal with Lulea in the Swedish Hockey League.
In 13 games with Buffalo this season, Omark had no goals and two assists and was a healthy scratch on occasion. He was assigned to AHL Rochester last week, but didn’t report there in hopes of finding a new team to latch on to. Now he’ll have that opportunity.
Omark was acquired in a December trade from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for a conditional draft pick.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 0
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 17
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4