Feb 18, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
The Linus Omark experience in Buffalo is over.
The Sabres announced they’ve terminated their contract with the 27-year-old Swedish winger. Omark was placed on $125 waivers yesterday for the express purpose of terminating his deal and after passing through that unclaimed, that’s precisely what happened.
Omark’s next stop could be in Sweden where he was rumored to be working on a deal with Lulea in the Swedish Hockey League.
In 13 games with Buffalo this season, Omark had no goals and two assists and was a healthy scratch on occasion. He was assigned to AHL Rochester last week, but didn’t report there in hopes of finding a new team to latch on to. Now he’ll have that opportunity.
Omark was acquired in a December trade from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for a conditional draft pick.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 15
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17