Feb 13, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
The roller coaster life of Buffalo Sabres forward Linus Omark rolls on.
John Vogl of The Buffalo News reports Omark hasn’t reported to AHL Rochester after being assigned there after clearing waivers last week. Omark’s agent, Kevin Epp, tells Vogl he wants to find the best thing for his client.
“I’m not really sure what the exact next steps are,” Epp said, “just trying to figure out where he can go, where they can reassign him, where they want to have him, where he’s going to be best-suited for them and their situation.”
To say things have gone poorly for Omark since signing with the Oilers over the summer seemingly out of the blue would be highly accurate. If AHL life isn’t for him, perhaps a return to Switzerland where he was one of the Swiss National League’s top scorers last season would be in order.
Omark was acquired by the Sabres in December from Edmonton for a conditional draft pick. In 13 games with Buffalo, he had no goals and two assists and was a healthy scratch on occasion as well.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 0
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 12
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)