Feb 13, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
The roller coaster life of Buffalo Sabres forward Linus Omark rolls on.
John Vogl of The Buffalo News reports Omark hasn’t reported to AHL Rochester after being assigned there after clearing waivers last week. Omark’s agent, Kevin Epp, tells Vogl he wants to find the best thing for his client.
“I’m not really sure what the exact next steps are,” Epp said, “just trying to figure out where he can go, where they can reassign him, where they want to have him, where he’s going to be best-suited for them and their situation.”
To say things have gone poorly for Omark since signing with the Oilers over the summer seemingly out of the blue would be highly accurate. If AHL life isn’t for him, perhaps a return to Switzerland where he was one of the Swiss National League’s top scorers last season would be in order.
Omark was acquired by the Sabres in December from Edmonton for a conditional draft pick. In 13 games with Buffalo, he had no goals and two assists and was a healthy scratch on occasion as well.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24