Feb 13, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
The roller coaster life of Buffalo Sabres forward Linus Omark rolls on.
John Vogl of The Buffalo News reports Omark hasn’t reported to AHL Rochester after being assigned there after clearing waivers last week. Omark’s agent, Kevin Epp, tells Vogl he wants to find the best thing for his client.
“I’m not really sure what the exact next steps are,” Epp said, “just trying to figure out where he can go, where they can reassign him, where they want to have him, where he’s going to be best-suited for them and their situation.”
To say things have gone poorly for Omark since signing with the Oilers over the summer seemingly out of the blue would be highly accurate. If AHL life isn’t for him, perhaps a return to Switzerland where he was one of the Swiss National League’s top scorers last season would be in order.
Omark was acquired by the Sabres in December from Edmonton for a conditional draft pick. In 13 games with Buffalo, he had no goals and two assists and was a healthy scratch on occasion as well.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40