Feb 13, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
The roller coaster life of Buffalo Sabres forward Linus Omark rolls on.
John Vogl of The Buffalo News reports Omark hasn’t reported to AHL Rochester after being assigned there after clearing waivers last week. Omark’s agent, Kevin Epp, tells Vogl he wants to find the best thing for his client.
“I’m not really sure what the exact next steps are,” Epp said, “just trying to figure out where he can go, where they can reassign him, where they want to have him, where he’s going to be best-suited for them and their situation.”
To say things have gone poorly for Omark since signing with the Oilers over the summer seemingly out of the blue would be highly accurate. If AHL life isn’t for him, perhaps a return to Switzerland where he was one of the Swiss National League’s top scorers last season would be in order.
Omark was acquired by the Sabres in December from Edmonton for a conditional draft pick. In 13 games with Buffalo, he had no goals and two assists and was a healthy scratch on occasion as well.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 76
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (76)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)