Feb 13, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
The roller coaster life of Buffalo Sabres forward Linus Omark rolls on.
John Vogl of The Buffalo News reports Omark hasn’t reported to AHL Rochester after being assigned there after clearing waivers last week. Omark’s agent, Kevin Epp, tells Vogl he wants to find the best thing for his client.
“I’m not really sure what the exact next steps are,” Epp said, “just trying to figure out where he can go, where they can reassign him, where they want to have him, where he’s going to be best-suited for them and their situation.”
To say things have gone poorly for Omark since signing with the Oilers over the summer seemingly out of the blue would be highly accurate. If AHL life isn’t for him, perhaps a return to Switzerland where he was one of the Swiss National League’s top scorers last season would be in order.
Omark was acquired by the Sabres in December from Edmonton for a conditional draft pick. In 13 games with Buffalo, he had no goals and two assists and was a healthy scratch on occasion as well.
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 1
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 3
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)