Dec 19, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT
Linus Omark recently requested a trade out of the Edmonton Oilers organization. He got his wish on Thursday, as the Buffalo Sabres nabbed him for a conditional sixth-round draft pick.
(Said conditions aren’t clear at the moment, but perhaps it will come down to games played at the NHL level?)
Omark, 26, was selected in the fourth round (97th overall) in the 2007 NHL Draft. He has played in 66 NHL games – all with the Oilers – spread out over three seasons. That includes just one contest this season.
Omark, 26, received his longest look with the Oilers in 2010-11, as he scored 27 points in 51 games. He has a point-per-game in the AHL (29 in 29) with the Oklahoma City Barons this season.
This is far from a surprise, as reporters such as the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman predicted the move … right down to Buffalo being the destination. Perhaps he’ll be able to make a mark with the Sabres in a way that he never really did in Edmonton?
The NHL’s roster freeze kicks in on Dec. 20, so if there are any other trade talks brewing Thursday, they better get hashed out soon.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)