Feb 17, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Linus Omark might have played in his last NHL game. The 27-year-old forward was put on unconditional waivers by the Buffalo Sabres for the presumed purpose of terminating his contract, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
After recording two assists in 14 games with the Sabres and Edmonton Oilers this season, Buffalo placed Omark on waivers on Feb. 7 and sent him to the minors. However, he refused to play for AHL Rochester.
Instead, it looks like Omark would like to continue his playing career in his native Sweden.
Buffalo acquired Omark from the Oilers in December in exchange for a conditional sixth-round draft pick.
If this is the end of his tenure in the NHL, then Omark will have finished with eight goals, 32 points, and 40 penalty minutes in 79 games.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)