Feb 7, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
Linus Omark‘s days in Buffalo and the NHL could be numbered.
The Sabres put the Swedish forward on waivers following a less-than impressive run with the team. In 13 games, Omark had no goals and two assists. He was a healthy scratch last night against Ottawa and has been scratched other times since joining the Sabres.
Buffalo acquired Omark from the Edmonton Oilers in a trade back in December hoping that a change of scenery and an opportunity to play in the NHL would help him break out.
That hasn’t happened, however, and after not being able to break out on the league’s worst team, it may be difficult for him to earn an opportunity with another NHL team. The Oilers signed Omark before the season after he had a big season playing for Zug in the Swiss National League. Perhaps Switzerland is where his game works best.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 11
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 28
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)