Feb 15, 2014, 12:51 AM EST
A day after Buffalo Sabres forward Linus Omark didn’t report for his minor league assignment in Rochester, there’s an update as to where he would report instead.
John Vogl of The Buffalo News shares (via a Swedish newspaper) that Omark is trying to work out a deal to play for Lulea in the Swedish Hockey League. He’s played for Lulea in the past and was last there during the 2008-09 season, two years before he came to North America to join the Edmonton Oilers.
Omark was waived by the Sabres last week and was not claimed. The team assigned him to the AHL, but that apparently didn’t fit with his desires to stay in the NHL. He had two assists in 13 games with the Sabres this season after being acquired in a trade from the Oilers in December.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 48
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 18
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 28
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)