Feb 15, 2014, 12:51 AM EDT
A day after Buffalo Sabres forward Linus Omark didn’t report for his minor league assignment in Rochester, there’s an update as to where he would report instead.
John Vogl of The Buffalo News shares (via a Swedish newspaper) that Omark is trying to work out a deal to play for Lulea in the Swedish Hockey League. He’s played for Lulea in the past and was last there during the 2008-09 season, two years before he came to North America to join the Edmonton Oilers.
Omark was waived by the Sabres last week and was not claimed. The team assigned him to the AHL, but that apparently didn’t fit with his desires to stay in the NHL. He had two assists in 13 games with the Sabres this season after being acquired in a trade from the Oilers in December.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)