Feb 15, 2014, 12:51 AM EDT
A day after Buffalo Sabres forward Linus Omark didn’t report for his minor league assignment in Rochester, there’s an update as to where he would report instead.
John Vogl of The Buffalo News shares (via a Swedish newspaper) that Omark is trying to work out a deal to play for Lulea in the Swedish Hockey League. He’s played for Lulea in the past and was last there during the 2008-09 season, two years before he came to North America to join the Edmonton Oilers.
Omark was waived by the Sabres last week and was not claimed. The team assigned him to the AHL, but that apparently didn’t fit with his desires to stay in the NHL. He had two assists in 13 games with the Sabres this season after being acquired in a trade from the Oilers in December.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)