Feb 15, 2014, 12:51 AM EDT
A day after Buffalo Sabres forward Linus Omark didn’t report for his minor league assignment in Rochester, there’s an update as to where he would report instead.
John Vogl of The Buffalo News shares (via a Swedish newspaper) that Omark is trying to work out a deal to play for Lulea in the Swedish Hockey League. He’s played for Lulea in the past and was last there during the 2008-09 season, two years before he came to North America to join the Edmonton Oilers.
Omark was waived by the Sabres last week and was not claimed. The team assigned him to the AHL, but that apparently didn’t fit with his desires to stay in the NHL. He had two assists in 13 games with the Sabres this season after being acquired in a trade from the Oilers in December.
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31