Aug 12, 2013, 11:40 PM EDT
This hasn’t necessarily been an ideal summer for Tyler Seguin, at least when it comes to the public’s perception of him.
The Boston Bruins, after finishing as the runner-up in the 2013 Stanley Cup Final, traded Seguin to the Dallas Stars, and even then the controversy into his wild ways didn’t subside.
A Twitter scandal in which Seguin maintained his account had been hacked, resulting in a tweet with homophobic language hitting the social media site.
So, it’s been a rough go these past few months.
But perhaps things will turn around in Dallas, regardless of whether or not Seguin gives up his ways. And if he hasn’t, he can always look to past members of the Stars who found a way to balance an active social life with their best results in the professional realm.
Below is a snippet of what Dallas Morning News sports reporter Mike Heika wrote about Seguin. (Read the full version here)
Had the Bruins won it all, the parties would have been excused, the Twitter foibles pushed aside, and the tales of playoff distraction buried.
But, the Bruins lost, and now there needs to be a reason why. That’s how this entertainment business works.
But it can also work in your favor if you play well and win. The 1999 Stars had plenty of wildmen. They were seen as charming. Heck, Brett Hull and Ed Belfour became fan favorites because they could party and still show up and play their best. That’s how they did it in the old days.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)