Aug 12, 2013, 11:40 PM EST
This hasn’t necessarily been an ideal summer for Tyler Seguin, at least when it comes to the public’s perception of him.
The Boston Bruins, after finishing as the runner-up in the 2013 Stanley Cup Final, traded Seguin to the Dallas Stars, and even then the controversy into his wild ways didn’t subside.
A Twitter scandal in which Seguin maintained his account had been hacked, resulting in a tweet with homophobic language hitting the social media site.
So, it’s been a rough go these past few months.
But perhaps things will turn around in Dallas, regardless of whether or not Seguin gives up his ways. And if he hasn’t, he can always look to past members of the Stars who found a way to balance an active social life with their best results in the professional realm.
Below is a snippet of what Dallas Morning News sports reporter Mike Heika wrote about Seguin. (Read the full version here)
Had the Bruins won it all, the parties would have been excused, the Twitter foibles pushed aside, and the tales of playoff distraction buried.
But, the Bruins lost, and now there needs to be a reason why. That’s how this entertainment business works.
But it can also work in your favor if you play well and win. The 1999 Stars had plenty of wildmen. They were seen as charming. Heck, Brett Hull and Ed Belfour became fan favorites because they could party and still show up and play their best. That’s how they did it in the old days.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)