Jul 7, 2013, 3:50 PM EST
Tyler Seguin‘s “hacked” Twitter account is already causing a disturbance for his new team.
The Dallas Stars were already set to have a talk with their newly acquired forward when he arrives in town on Monday, but they’ve now issued a statement regarding Seguin’s now deleted tweet that semi-cited a famous line from the movie “Full Metal Jacket.”
“In no way, shape or form does the Dallas Stars organization condone or agree with the message that was sent out through Tyler Seguin’s Twitter feed last night. We’ve addressed the issue directly with Tyler and we’ll continue to work on educating our players regarding the importance of their conduct on all forms of social media.”
As for Seguin, he said he’s shutting down his Twitter account for a while and with this kind of embarrassing introduction to fans in Dallas, that’s probably for the best.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11