Jul 7, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
Tyler Seguin‘s “hacked” Twitter account is already causing a disturbance for his new team.
The Dallas Stars were already set to have a talk with their newly acquired forward when he arrives in town on Monday, but they’ve now issued a statement regarding Seguin’s now deleted tweet that semi-cited a famous line from the movie “Full Metal Jacket.”
“In no way, shape or form does the Dallas Stars organization condone or agree with the message that was sent out through Tyler Seguin’s Twitter feed last night. We’ve addressed the issue directly with Tyler and we’ll continue to work on educating our players regarding the importance of their conduct on all forms of social media.”
As for Seguin, he said he’s shutting down his Twitter account for a while and with this kind of embarrassing introduction to fans in Dallas, that’s probably for the best.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32