Jul 7, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
Tyler Seguin‘s “hacked” Twitter account is already causing a disturbance for his new team.
The Dallas Stars were already set to have a talk with their newly acquired forward when he arrives in town on Monday, but they’ve now issued a statement regarding Seguin’s now deleted tweet that semi-cited a famous line from the movie “Full Metal Jacket.”
“In no way, shape or form does the Dallas Stars organization condone or agree with the message that was sent out through Tyler Seguin’s Twitter feed last night. We’ve addressed the issue directly with Tyler and we’ll continue to work on educating our players regarding the importance of their conduct on all forms of social media.”
As for Seguin, he said he’s shutting down his Twitter account for a while and with this kind of embarrassing introduction to fans in Dallas, that’s probably for the best.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6