Jul 7, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
Tyler Seguin‘s “hacked” Twitter account is already causing a disturbance for his new team.
The Dallas Stars were already set to have a talk with their newly acquired forward when he arrives in town on Monday, but they’ve now issued a statement regarding Seguin’s now deleted tweet that semi-cited a famous line from the movie “Full Metal Jacket.”
“In no way, shape or form does the Dallas Stars organization condone or agree with the message that was sent out through Tyler Seguin’s Twitter feed last night. We’ve addressed the issue directly with Tyler and we’ll continue to work on educating our players regarding the importance of their conduct on all forms of social media.”
As for Seguin, he said he’s shutting down his Twitter account for a while and with this kind of embarrassing introduction to fans in Dallas, that’s probably for the best.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34