Jan 13, 2013, 5:23 PM EST
As part of their campaign to win back fans following the lockout, the Detroit Red Wings are holding a Red and White Game at 6:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday that the general public can attend at no cost.
Those that go to the contest early will be in for a treat, according to the Detroit Free Press.
The timing coincides with the expected return of Pavel Datsyuk, who was given permission to play in the KHL All-Star Game. By delaying the announcement until Tuesday, it will ensure that Datsyuk and the rest of the Red Wings will be present.
Zetterberg will become the 36th captain in the team’s storied history and replace the retired Nicklas Lidstrom.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 16
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)