Jan 13, 2013, 5:23 PM EST
As part of their campaign to win back fans following the lockout, the Detroit Red Wings are holding a Red and White Game at 6:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday that the general public can attend at no cost.
Those that go to the contest early will be in for a treat, according to the Detroit Free Press.
The timing coincides with the expected return of Pavel Datsyuk, who was given permission to play in the KHL All-Star Game. By delaying the announcement until Tuesday, it will ensure that Datsyuk and the rest of the Red Wings will be present.
Zetterberg will become the 36th captain in the team’s storied history and replace the retired Nicklas Lidstrom.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)