Jan 13, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
As part of their campaign to win back fans following the lockout, the Detroit Red Wings are holding a Red and White Game at 6:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday that the general public can attend at no cost.
Those that go to the contest early will be in for a treat, according to the Detroit Free Press.
The timing coincides with the expected return of Pavel Datsyuk, who was given permission to play in the KHL All-Star Game. By delaying the announcement until Tuesday, it will ensure that Datsyuk and the rest of the Red Wings will be present.
Zetterberg will become the 36th captain in the team’s storied history and replace the retired Nicklas Lidstrom.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)