Jan 13, 2013, 5:23 PM EST
As part of their campaign to win back fans following the lockout, the Detroit Red Wings are holding a Red and White Game at 6:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday that the general public can attend at no cost.
Those that go to the contest early will be in for a treat, according to the Detroit Free Press.
The timing coincides with the expected return of Pavel Datsyuk, who was given permission to play in the KHL All-Star Game. By delaying the announcement until Tuesday, it will ensure that Datsyuk and the rest of the Red Wings will be present.
Zetterberg will become the 36th captain in the team’s storied history and replace the retired Nicklas Lidstrom.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)