Jan 9, 2013, 8:17 PM EST
Rick Nash and the New York Rangers get to start their season on the road.
The Boston Globe reports the Boston Bruins will play host to the Rangers on January 19 and it won’t be lacking for storylines.
For Boston, it’s Tuukka Time all the time as Tuukka Rask takes over for Tim Thomas as the team’s starting goalie. There’s also the return of Nathan Horton from a concussion last season and Switzerland’s big scorer Tyler Seguin gets a chance to improve on his big season last year.
The Rangers, meanwhile, look to bounce back after their disappointing finish in the Eastern Conference finals with Henrik Lundqvist back in goal. Marian Gaborik is joined by Nash as well as playoff sensation Chris Kreider. That’s not a bad way to start the season.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 0
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 12
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)