Jan 9, 2013, 8:17 PM EDT
Rick Nash and the New York Rangers get to start their season on the road.
The Boston Globe reports the Boston Bruins will play host to the Rangers on January 19 and it won’t be lacking for storylines.
For Boston, it’s Tuukka Time all the time as Tuukka Rask takes over for Tim Thomas as the team’s starting goalie. There’s also the return of Nathan Horton from a concussion last season and Switzerland’s big scorer Tyler Seguin gets a chance to improve on his big season last year.
The Rangers, meanwhile, look to bounce back after their disappointing finish in the Eastern Conference finals with Henrik Lundqvist back in goal. Marian Gaborik is joined by Nash as well as playoff sensation Chris Kreider. That’s not a bad way to start the season.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17