Jan 9, 2013, 8:17 PM EDT
Rick Nash and the New York Rangers get to start their season on the road.
The Boston Globe reports the Boston Bruins will play host to the Rangers on January 19 and it won’t be lacking for storylines.
For Boston, it’s Tuukka Time all the time as Tuukka Rask takes over for Tim Thomas as the team’s starting goalie. There’s also the return of Nathan Horton from a concussion last season and Switzerland’s big scorer Tyler Seguin gets a chance to improve on his big season last year.
The Rangers, meanwhile, look to bounce back after their disappointing finish in the Eastern Conference finals with Henrik Lundqvist back in goal. Marian Gaborik is joined by Nash as well as playoff sensation Chris Kreider. That’s not a bad way to start the season.
- Wild hoping last change can help turn the tide versus Avs 0
- Wild changes: Kuemper starts, Brodziak sits, Heatley draws in 2
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 8
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 14
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 25
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (111)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)