Jan 9, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
The NHL schedule isn’t out yet, but more season openers are getting leaked out.
The Vancouver Canucks will open their season at home against the Anaheim Ducks according to Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times.
It was rumored earlier today that the L.A. Kings wanted to raise their banner against the Ducks in a Southern California rivalry game, but the Ducks declined the invite. Instead, they’re rewarded with having to face the Sedin twins. Good work, guys.
Meanwhile, Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports the new-look Columbus Blue Jackets will start on the road against their division rivals, the Nashville Predators. The Jackets will then have their home opener two nights later against Detroit.
Keep in mind, these games are still tentative as the schedule is still being tinkered with.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32