Jan 9, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
The NHL schedule isn’t out yet, but more season openers are getting leaked out.
The Vancouver Canucks will open their season at home against the Anaheim Ducks according to Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times.
It was rumored earlier today that the L.A. Kings wanted to raise their banner against the Ducks in a Southern California rivalry game, but the Ducks declined the invite. Instead, they’re rewarded with having to face the Sedin twins. Good work, guys.
Meanwhile, Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports the new-look Columbus Blue Jackets will start on the road against their division rivals, the Nashville Predators. The Jackets will then have their home opener two nights later against Detroit.
Keep in mind, these games are still tentative as the schedule is still being tinkered with.
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 3
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 37
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)