Jan 9, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
The NHL schedule isn’t out yet, but more season openers are getting leaked out.
The Vancouver Canucks will open their season at home against the Anaheim Ducks according to Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times.
It was rumored earlier today that the L.A. Kings wanted to raise their banner against the Ducks in a Southern California rivalry game, but the Ducks declined the invite. Instead, they’re rewarded with having to face the Sedin twins. Good work, guys.
Meanwhile, Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports the new-look Columbus Blue Jackets will start on the road against their division rivals, the Nashville Predators. The Jackets will then have their home opener two nights later against Detroit.
Keep in mind, these games are still tentative as the schedule is still being tinkered with.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)