Jan 9, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
The NHL schedule isn’t out yet, but more season openers are getting leaked out.
The Vancouver Canucks will open their season at home against the Anaheim Ducks according to Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times.
It was rumored earlier today that the L.A. Kings wanted to raise their banner against the Ducks in a Southern California rivalry game, but the Ducks declined the invite. Instead, they’re rewarded with having to face the Sedin twins. Good work, guys.
Meanwhile, Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports the new-look Columbus Blue Jackets will start on the road against their division rivals, the Nashville Predators. The Jackets will then have their home opener two nights later against Detroit.
Keep in mind, these games are still tentative as the schedule is still being tinkered with.
- Wild hoping last change can help turn the tide versus Avs 0
- Wild changes: Kuemper starts, Brodziak sits, Heatley draws in 2
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 8
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 14
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 25
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (112)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)