Jan 8, 2013, 10:28 PM EDT
The full 48-game schedule hasn’t been revealed, but some preliminary details already seem to be leaking.
The season will begin on Jan. 19 and will feature at least one old and heated rivalry. The Montreal Canadiens will host the Toronto Maple Leafs, RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports.
Elsewhere in Canada, the Winnipeg Jets will kick off their second season north of the border at home against the Ottawa Senators based on the Winnipeg Free Press’ sources.
Finally, the new-and-improved Minnesota Wild will reportedly start their season on the road, possibly against the Colorado Avalanche on Jan. 19. The two teams might then head to Minnesota for a rematch on Jan. 20, according to the Star Tribune.
It’s worth stressing that the schedule hasn’t been released so none of this is official. Additionally, it’s safe to assume that this isn’t a full list of the games that will take play on the first day of the shortened season.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)