CBA informational talks over, NHLPA to hold internal meeting

Dec 30, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT

Bettman and Fehr Getty Images

The informational talks that started Saturday are over, according to ESPN’s Katie Strang. The next step, it appears, is for the union to engage in internal meetings.

The NHL breathed new life into the CBA process when they made new concessions in a “comprehensive proposal.” Since then, the union has been gathering information, likely in preparation for a counteroffer.

The league reportedly moved on several key issues in its latest offer. They are now proposing a maximum six-year term limit for contracts, up from five, and a seven-year cap for teams re-signing their own players. The NHL is also proposing a maximum 10% variance in contracts, up from 5% in the old offer.

It’s believed that if all goes well, the season could start on Jan. 19. If things turn sour again, we might lose the 2012-13 campaign entirely.

Related:

NHL proposes all non-playoff teams get shot at No. 1 draft pick

Let the buyout debates begin

NHL, NHLPA to have a committee for pretty much everything

Which teams would have an edge in a shortened season?

1. starsfan11 - Dec 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I think Joey does not know the meaning of ” done deal”

• id4joey - Dec 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM

starsfan11=sheep you are being manipulated, as the players were by the ownership. You’re as predictable as the outcome of this impasse which was made public on Dec 18 by ex-coach turned journalist, Michel Bergeron. You are so dumb witted and naive.

• husky2score - Dec 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Mister I believe YOU are so dumb witted, and naive. You have yet to make one right or reasonable “prediction”

• id4joey - Dec 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Only problem husky is that you too are a sheep. BTW, I am not making this prediction. That honor goes to a friend of mine, Michel Bergeron, ex coach of the NY Rangers, and Quebec Nordiques. Lets give him the credit for,predicting the end of the impasse. BTW, what constitutes a reasonable “prediction”? Like the Mayans end of the world? Or predicting Romney is elected perhaps? How many got that one wrong?

• husky2score - Dec 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Ok, my apologies. Let me correct myself. Your so called “friend”, Michel Bergeron has yet to make one reasonable “prediction”. I did not know Michel Bergeron was a journalist. Maybe he is not so popular here because he make sWRONG predictions. Instead of going off this one dude who probably can’t tell left from right, why don’t you just see what happens, and not make these asinine comments.

• id4joey - Dec 30, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Let me see if I get your point. You did write that you were not aware that Bergeron was a journalist. Right? But, you know enough to write he can’t tell left from right. Is that correct? After making these assertions somehow in your world your comments are not asinine, but mine are. Wow! Get your head out of your jock strap and breath a little there young man.

• husky2score - Dec 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Child please. First I said “probably”. Second, you sure are doing a good job at making Bergeron look like donkey sack. And no, my comments are not asinine and I have the rest of PHT commenters to prove so.

• id4joey - Dec 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I see. “probably” how about you grow up and take a stance? Grow some nuts… or hair on your chest. LOL! Anyway! The mere fact that you validate the quality of your comments by the using “the rest of PHT commenters to prove so” demonstrates that you and many here are sheep. That is what sheep do. We can’t be wrong if we follow the flock said one sheep to the other. BTW, you are somewhat naive to believe the REST of PHT sides with your asinine comments.

2. whatthepuck2012 - Dec 30, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I just had a sad look at my season ticket book. I’ve missed 10 games already. Just get it done. Please.

3. gvbulldogs - Dec 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM

tired of listening to this bull*hit, greedy b*stards.

4. bcjim - Dec 30, 2012 at 1:27 PM

No rush…

5. bleed4philly - Dec 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Yeah, we already know what’s going happen. Fehr is gonna pms again and talks will break off ending the season, but thx for the bowner pht.

6. hotloinsofsid - Dec 30, 2012 at 1:51 PM

just got off the phone with my inside guy, puck drops january 18th. mark it down

• purp1234 - Dec 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM

is the guy inside your home or your head?

• purp1234 - Dec 30, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Yep, he’s in the house…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIgkbigAzjY

7. starsfan11 - Dec 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Joey Bergeron is as much of an @ss as you are. As for being a sheep unlike you I’m not running back to games like you apparently are. Also, Fehr owns Bettman

• blomfeld - Dec 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM

It’s one thing to be a sheep … but a nasty sheep ? …

Starsfan11 – Give your head a shake pal and get with the program! But if you’re going to remain naive, chewing on the grass, then at least try to be nice about okay? Anyway, you’ve sure gotta laugh with this latest development that “the NHLPA will now hold internal meetings” eh? Yeah and I’m going to have a luncheon meeting here with US Joint Chiefs of Staff in about five minutes! It’s too funny when you think back a couple of months ago to Fehr’s “three” proposals all written on a single piece of paper! How did the man do that, given that the NHL required 300 pages here in their latest offer? Regardless, they’ve only got a few more days to kill now, before Gary and crew are able to finally bring this charade to an end.

Those who are fellow Sales professionals will be well aware of the skill known as “pacing”. Pacing is a technique which is often used in-order to keep the conversation going with a prospective buyer. This is done by simply offering a series of affirmative replies, which include but are not limited to …

– is that right ?
      – are you serious ?
      – get outta town man ?
      – and you were able to do all that ?

So I suspect that both the NHL and NHLPA are going to be doing a little “pacing” themselves now over the next few days, as the earliest the “announcement” can be made is likely this Friday January 4th. Anything beforehand would be foolish, as it would risk making the entire stunt appear so obvious that even sheep like Starsfan11 would begin to hear alarm bells! :)

*** special video selection for Starsfan and friends ***

• machosasquatcho - Dec 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Oh look, it’s blomfeld, and he’s posting a video…again.

Your existence is pointless.

• id4joey - Dec 30, 2012 at 6:43 PM

hey! machomansavage, you’re irrelevant here buddy, put keep posting. We welcome all creatures here.

• id4joey - Dec 30, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Alright! Take that starfans11. Way to go blomfeld. Lol! Can we use this unpleasant poster as a “canary in a coal mine”? Go forth starfans11 and don’t come out until you have found methane or carbon monoxide.

• machosasquatcho - Dec 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Are you blomfeld’s little minion or just a sockpuppet? Your cheerleading for him is pretty cool I guess.

• blomfeld - Dec 31, 2012 at 3:33 AM

listen Machocrap … Joey and I are just electronic friends whose views happen to resonate with reason and truth … and there are many more of us “such as” Sportsfan, Valoisviper, Proudliberal, Badintent, Acieu and such as … you on the other hand are an idiot !… we hate you and we totally want you to go away and such as …

• machosasquatcho - Dec 31, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Way to go, blonfeld/blomfeld. You’re a 60-something with a bunch of sockpuppets on the internet. No wonder your kids won’t visit you anymore.

• id4joey - Dec 31, 2012 at 4:53 PM

machocrapo, how do you know blomfeld has kids who won’t visit him? Do you have sources? If so, I have some advice for you. Don’t believe a word they say. They are as clueless as you.

• machosasquatcho - Dec 31, 2012 at 5:13 PM

No no, you were supposed to reply with your “blomfeld” account. Come on, guy.

• id4joey - Dec 31, 2012 at 5:57 PM

machokid, one cannot draw blood from a stone regardless how hard one tries.

8. acieu - Dec 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

“Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving the road to hell with them as usual.” ~Mark Twain

9. ducksk - Dec 30, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Men, the deal is NOT done! Trust me. Or …….don’t.

• blomfeld - Dec 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Trust me friend, it’s done alright .. in fact, it was already done last summer … but whatever eh? :)

10. schlitzy - Dec 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Joey: a week ago you claimed it was a “done deal” per Bergeron….now you are saying it’s a prediction per Bergeron…

what happened to the “done deal” you were so adamantly standing behind?

• id4joey - Dec 30, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Oh! Don’t be a jerk. Have you been following the thread? I mean, really reading the threads. Do you know how to click on a web link? Yes! Then click on this;

• schlitzy - Dec 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM

He was WRONG!!
        You were WRONG!!

There is no deal in place.
        Those are facts!!

• id4joey - Dec 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM

That’s how brilliant the owners’ plan was, which by the way was drafted by Proskauer Rose. The owners are holding all the cards, and they and only they will lead the flock of players to the table where the deal will be there to sign, just like a shepherd leads a flock of sheep. LOL!

11. starsfan11 - Dec 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Nice comment Joey you @sshole. I did not know they allow you to use computers in the nuthouse you reside in

• blomfeld - Dec 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Here ya go Einstein … :)

Baa, baa, black sheep,
      Have you any wool?
      Yes, sir, yes, sir,
      Three bags full;
      One for the master,
      And one for the dame,
      And one for the little boy
      Who lives down the lane.

• id4joey - Dec 30, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Oh! Who made you the poster child for “nice comments”? That’s it? Nuthouse! That’s the best you got there kid? C’mon! Surely you can do better.

12. ducksk - Dec 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Look, no grand conspiracy here by NHL or. PA. Forget that. Sorry. Truth is the deal is NOT done! You may think you have secret sources or divine insight. I know. Not done.much to do. But, I think it will be, but I am one of 29.

13. fortwaynekomets - Dec 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM

joey/blomfeld is the worst internet troll I’ve ever seen. good trolls are actually funny AMD draw emotional responses out of people.

you are just know as being a douche with nothing to do but post on PHT. you post. videos which needs to he done from a computer so you ait at a computer all day, how fun. like I said I already know you get paid to post on this site, and if you seriously aren’t… you got some life kid.

• id4joey - Dec 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Show you have balls…. stop being so vague. Do like Bergeron. Am I/we paid to post here? You know or you don’t know. Which one is it junior?

14. blonfeld - Dec 30, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Hey guys it’s me BLOMFELD.

hurr durr union union union management…GARY BETTMAN. Insert condescending comments here. Deal’s done we’ll have hockey in January trust me I used google to find that out.

Oh by the way, here’s a video, somewhat out of context I know, but I’ve been on youtube all day and I’m desperate to share. LoL!!

Top 10 NHL Player Searches