Dec 28, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
The NHLPA is holding a conference call this afternoon to update its members; however, Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports a counteroffer is already in the works.
It’s likely this roller-coaster still has a few loops and corkscrews to go before we learn if there’s going to be a season or not. The NHL has canceled games through Jan. 14, so time remains for more rejections and posturing.
Update: Courtesy ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, here are the full details of the NHL’s latest offer.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 68
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 32
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 22
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)