Jun 20, 2012, 9:02 AM EDT
Tonight we’ll finally find out who is taking home the rest of the season’s hardware. The NHL Awards from Las Vegas take place tonight (7 p.m. ET on NBCSN) and it could prove to be a big night for both Evgeni Malkin and Jonathan Quick. In case you’ve forgotten, here are the awards up for grabs and who the nominees are.
Ted Lindsay Award (Players’ MVP): Henrik Lundqvist, Evgeni Malkin, Steven Stamkos
Jack Adams Award (Coach of the year): John Tortorella, Ken Hitchcock, Paul MacLean
You’ll also see the King Clancy Trophy and Mark Messier Leadership Award handed out as well. The former is a bit more important than the latter. If Quick wins the Vezina, he’ll complete the goalie hat-trick for awards winning the Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, and Vezina in the same season, something Tim Thomas and Bernie Parent have done before him. Odds are on Lundqvist spoiling that potential party, however.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 0
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 13
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 18
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 15
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 50
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35