Jun 20, 2012, 9:02 AM EDT
Tonight we’ll finally find out who is taking home the rest of the season’s hardware. The NHL Awards from Las Vegas take place tonight (7 p.m. ET on NBCSN) and it could prove to be a big night for both Evgeni Malkin and Jonathan Quick. In case you’ve forgotten, here are the awards up for grabs and who the nominees are.
Ted Lindsay Award (Players’ MVP): Henrik Lundqvist, Evgeni Malkin, Steven Stamkos
Jack Adams Award (Coach of the year): John Tortorella, Ken Hitchcock, Paul MacLean
You’ll also see the King Clancy Trophy and Mark Messier Leadership Award handed out as well. The former is a bit more important than the latter. If Quick wins the Vezina, he’ll complete the goalie hat-trick for awards winning the Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, and Vezina in the same season, something Tim Thomas and Bernie Parent have done before him. Odds are on Lundqvist spoiling that potential party, however.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 4
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24