Apr 23, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT
Okay, look…both you and I know neither of us is super stoked on reading about the sportsmanship award. So I’m going to bypass the usual lengthy preamble and give the straight goods:
– This award is voted on by the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association, meaning it’ll probably go to the guy that’s nicest to the media (or, less jerkish than the others.) That’s just how hockey writers work. There are grapes with thicker skin.
– Campbell and Moulson had six PIM, Eberle had 10. That said, four of Moulson’s came on a single play, when he received a double-minor roughing penalty against Calgary. I feel this both hurts and helps his chances of winning. Hurts because he must’ve done something fairly egregious to get a double roughing minor, helps because he essentially took one penalty over an 81 game span. That’s pretty good.
Onto the poll…
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 10
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 64
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL