Apr 23, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT
Okay, look…both you and I know neither of us is super stoked on reading about the sportsmanship award. So I’m going to bypass the usual lengthy preamble and give the straight goods:
— This award is voted on by the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association, meaning it’ll probably go to the guy that’s nicest to the media (or, less jerkish than the others.) That’s just how hockey writers work. There are grapes with thicker skin.
— Campbell and Moulson had six PIM, Eberle had 10. That said, four of Moulson’s came on a single play, when he received a double-minor roughing penalty against Calgary. I feel this both hurts and helps his chances of winning. Hurts because he must’ve done something fairly egregious to get a double roughing minor, helps because he essentially took one penalty over an 81 game span. That’s pretty good.
Onto the poll…
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22