Apr 23, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT
Okay, look…both you and I know neither of us is super stoked on reading about the sportsmanship award. So I’m going to bypass the usual lengthy preamble and give the straight goods:
— This award is voted on by the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association, meaning it’ll probably go to the guy that’s nicest to the media (or, less jerkish than the others.) That’s just how hockey writers work. There are grapes with thicker skin.
— Campbell and Moulson had six PIM, Eberle had 10. That said, four of Moulson’s came on a single play, when he received a double-minor roughing penalty against Calgary. I feel this both hurts and helps his chances of winning. Hurts because he must’ve done something fairly egregious to get a double roughing minor, helps because he essentially took one penalty over an 81 game span. That’s pretty good.
Onto the poll…
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5