Apr 27, 2012, 11:38 AM EST
The first two were locks. Malkin scored 50 goals for Pittsburgh and led the league in points with 109, 12 more than the next highest scorer.
The next highest scorer was Stamkos, but he had 60 goals for Tampa Bay, the most in the league by a wide margin.
The Rangers’ Lundqvist will raise a few eyebrows because of the position he plays. The last time a goalie won the Hart was 2002, when Jose Theodore was honored.
Since then, it’s been a combination of Art Ross Trophy (most points) and Rocket Richard Trophy (most goals) winners.
The favorite has to be Malkin. Over Stamkos because the Penguins made the playoffs and the Lightning didn’t. Over Lundqvist because there are those who believe the King wasn’t even the best goalie in the NHL this season.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54