Apr 27, 2012, 11:38 AM EDT
The first two were locks. Malkin scored 50 goals for Pittsburgh and led the league in points with 109, 12 more than the next highest scorer.
The next highest scorer was Stamkos, but he had 60 goals for Tampa Bay, the most in the league by a wide margin.
The Rangers’ Lundqvist will raise a few eyebrows because of the position he plays. The last time a goalie won the Hart was 2002, when Jose Theodore was honored.
Since then, it’s been a combination of Art Ross Trophy (most points) and Rocket Richard Trophy (most goals) winners.
The favorite has to be Malkin. Over Stamkos because the Penguins made the playoffs and the Lightning didn’t. Over Lundqvist because there are those who believe the King wasn’t even the best goalie in the NHL this season.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)