Aug 19, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars were seen by many as one of the big winners of the summer.
Stars owner Tom Gaglardi said he couldn’t be prouder of the job GM Jim Nill did as Mark Stepneski of the Stars’ website shared.
“What can I say? It’s marvelous what he has done,” Gaglardi said. “I look at our club and who we have added to our top six in terms of Hemsky and Spezza and you can get pretty excited pretty quickly. You hear [Spezza's] name – he’s an amazing player – and then you realize he is going to be playing for the Dallas Stars. … Ales Hemsky is a heck of a player.”
Spezza and Hemsky teamed up together late last season in Ottawa when the Senators acquired Hemsky from the Edmonton Oilers. Hemsky then signed a three-year, $12 million deal with the Stars to re-join Spezza in Dallas.
Dallas steered clear of tweaking their defense and goaltending mostly because the defense is young and growing into their roles and Kari Lehtonen is already pretty darn good. Now it’s up to the Stars to live up to the offseason accolades and make Nill look even better at his job than he does now.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54