Aug 19, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars were seen by many as one of the big winners of the summer.
Stars owner Tom Gaglardi said he couldn’t be prouder of the job GM Jim Nill did as Mark Stepneski of the Stars’ website shared.
“What can I say? It’s marvelous what he has done,” Gaglardi said. “I look at our club and who we have added to our top six in terms of Hemsky and Spezza and you can get pretty excited pretty quickly. You hear [Spezza’s] name – he’s an amazing player – and then you realize he is going to be playing for the Dallas Stars. … Ales Hemsky is a heck of a player.”
Spezza and Hemsky teamed up together late last season in Ottawa when the Senators acquired Hemsky from the Edmonton Oilers. Hemsky then signed a three-year, $12 million deal with the Stars to re-join Spezza in Dallas.
Dallas steered clear of tweaking their defense and goaltending mostly because the defense is young and growing into their roles and Kari Lehtonen is already pretty darn good. Now it’s up to the Stars to live up to the offseason accolades and make Nill look even better at his job than he does now.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)