Jul 1, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
TSN’s Farhan Lalji reports the Vancouver Canucks will make a big push for the 37-year-old Iginla. One thing the Canucks have going for them are a pair of executives who are close with him in President of Hockey Operations Trevor Linden and GM Jim Benning.
Iginla is coming off a season in which he put up 30 goals and 61 points for the Boston Bruins, and even at his age he’s getting a lot of attention.
The Bruins would like to keep him around, but with other teams like the Detroit Red Wings, Minnesota Wild, as well as the Canucks, potentially offering him two-year deals, he’s got his pick of where he’d like to be to pursue his first Stanley Cup.
Age may be a concern for some teams, but good luck finding a guy who has been as consistent as Iginla throughout their career.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11