Jul 1, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
TSN’s Farhan Lalji reports the Vancouver Canucks will make a big push for the 37-year-old Iginla. One thing the Canucks have going for them are a pair of executives who are close with him in President of Hockey Operations Trevor Linden and GM Jim Benning.
Iginla is coming off a season in which he put up 30 goals and 61 points for the Boston Bruins, and even at his age he’s getting a lot of attention.
The Bruins would like to keep him around, but with other teams like the Detroit Red Wings, Minnesota Wild, as well as the Canucks, potentially offering him two-year deals, he’s got his pick of where he’d like to be to pursue his first Stanley Cup.
Age may be a concern for some teams, but good luck finding a guy who has been as consistent as Iginla throughout their career.
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 26
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 21
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 20
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 32
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)