Jun 29, 2014, 2:09 PM EST
If Jarome Iginla doesn’t re-sign with the Boston Bruins, he’s got another team hot after him.
Michael Russo of The Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Wild have expressed an interest in the soon-to-be 37-year-old right wing.
Before Wild fans start getting excited about seeing the guy that used to routinely kill their favorite team becoming one of them, it should be known Iginla’s desire is to stay in Boston. The problem with that is the Bruins have salary cap issues and a few key restricted free agents to get re-signed.
With the Bruins in cap hell, that means Iginla could be on the move elsewhere and despite his age, he proved last season he’s still got it scoring 30 goals with 61 points.
If the Wild were to add Iginla, it would give them a talented veteran presence on a team bursting with young talent. Having him there to help everyone learn the ropes and trying to get deeper into the NHL playoffs would be a huge lift.
Of course, the Wild aren’t alone in showing interest. The Detroit Red Wings, among others, have also expressed interest in Iginla.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)