Apr 28, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
The fact that the Blue Jackets have pushed the Penguins to a sixth game in their first round series is an accomplishment. That doesn’t mean they’re satisfied.
After Pittsburgh took a 3-2 series lead with a 3-1 victory on Saturday, the Blue Jackets want to force a Game 7.
“I know we’re going to have a response. That’s the kind of team we’ve been all season.”
The question tonight is if either squad is capable of protecting an early lead. The team that scores first is 0-5 in this series.
The game is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET and will air on NBCSN. You can also stream it online:
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 20
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)