Apr 28, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
The fact that the Blue Jackets have pushed the Penguins to a sixth game in their first round series is an accomplishment. That doesn’t mean they’re satisfied.
After Pittsburgh took a 3-2 series lead with a 3-1 victory on Saturday, the Blue Jackets want to force a Game 7.
“I know we’re going to have a response. That’s the kind of team we’ve been all season.”
The question tonight is if either squad is capable of protecting an early lead. The team that scores first is 0-5 in this series.
The game is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET and will air on NBCSN. You can also stream it online:
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 3
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 5
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 32
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)