Apr 26, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins fans might have booed Sidney Crosby during a portion of Game 5, but it sounds like they were supportive for the most part on Saturday. That seemed especially true for Marc-Andre Fleury, who sounded inspired after tonight’s 3-1 win against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Fleury on fan chants: A good boost of confidence- get goosebumps when you’re in there. Very happy we were able to get a win at home tonight.—
Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) April 27, 2014
Even with that confidence in mind, Fleury still isn’t cocky enough to risk leaving his net after that scarring Game 4 tying goal.
I just teased Fleury that his heels never left crease in third. ‘(Blank) that,’ he came back. ‘I’m staying right here.’ Told you he was fine—
Dejan Kovacevic (@Dejan_Kovacevic) April 27, 2014
The 29-year-old stopped 23 out of 24 shots to help the Penguins take a 3-2 series lead. While there are plenty of people who probably still doubt the one-time Stanley Cup champion, it sounds like Mario Lemieux won’t need to console him for at least the next while.
Fleury and the Penguins have a chance to close out the Blue Jackets in Game 6 on Monday.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 0
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 7
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9