Apr 26, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins fans might have booed Sidney Crosby during a portion of Game 5, but it sounds like they were supportive for the most part on Saturday. That seemed especially true for Marc-Andre Fleury, who sounded inspired after tonight’s 3-1 win against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Fleury on fan chants: A good boost of confidence- get goosebumps when you’re in there. Very happy we were able to get a win at home tonight.—
Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) April 27, 2014
Even with that confidence in mind, Fleury still isn’t cocky enough to risk leaving his net after that scarring Game 4 tying goal.
I just teased Fleury that his heels never left crease in third. ‘(Blank) that,’ he came back. ‘I’m staying right here.’ Told you he was fine—
Dejan Kovacevic (@Dejan_Kovacevic) April 27, 2014
The 29-year-old stopped 23 out of 24 shots to help the Penguins take a 3-2 series lead. While there are plenty of people who probably still doubt the one-time Stanley Cup champion, it sounds like Mario Lemieux won’t need to console him for at least the next while.
Fleury and the Penguins have a chance to close out the Blue Jackets in Game 6 on Monday.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55