Apr 26, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins fans might have booed Sidney Crosby during a portion of Game 5, but it sounds like they were supportive for the most part on Saturday. That seemed especially true for Marc-Andre Fleury, who sounded inspired after tonight’s 3-1 win against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Fleury on fan chants: A good boost of confidence- get goosebumps when you’re in there. Very happy we were able to get a win at home tonight.—
Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) April 27, 2014
Even with that confidence in mind, Fleury still isn’t cocky enough to risk leaving his net after that scarring Game 4 tying goal.
I just teased Fleury that his heels never left crease in third. ‘(Blank) that,’ he came back. ‘I’m staying right here.’ Told you he was fine—
Dejan Kovacevic (@Dejan_Kovacevic) April 27, 2014
The 29-year-old stopped 23 out of 24 shots to help the Penguins take a 3-2 series lead. While there are plenty of people who probably still doubt the one-time Stanley Cup champion, it sounds like Mario Lemieux won’t need to console him for at least the next while.
Fleury and the Penguins have a chance to close out the Blue Jackets in Game 6 on Monday.
- Report: Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 0
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 7
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 23
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 53
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)