Apr 28, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will make a change up front for tonight’s elimination Game 6 against the Penguins, as Jared Boll will return to the lineup for the first time since the series opener, replacing veteran forward R.J. Umberger.
Umberger, who’s played the last four games after being a scratch in Game 1, appeared to re-aggravate a shoulder/collarbone ailment in Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Pittsburgh, calling it an “ongoing issue.” The 31-year-old had one assist this series while averaging over 12 minutes a night.
There will also be a change on defense as Nikita Nikitin — who’s played all five games of the series thus far — will sit and be replaced by Nick Schultz. Schultz does have some experience in this series, playing just over 10 minutes in Columbus’ stirring 4-3 comeback win in Game 4, but has seen far less action than Nikitin. The Russian rearguard was averaging more than 16 minutes per night.
Columbus is facing elimination tonight for the first time in this series, and is looking to win just its second-ever home playoff game at Nationwide.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 0
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)