Apr 28, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will make a change up front for tonight’s elimination Game 6 against the Penguins, as Jared Boll will return to the lineup for the first time since the series opener, replacing veteran forward R.J. Umberger.
Umberger, who’s played the last four games after being a scratch in Game 1, appeared to re-aggravate a shoulder/collarbone ailment in Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Pittsburgh, calling it an “ongoing issue.” The 31-year-old had one assist this series while averaging over 12 minutes a night.
There will also be a change on defense as Nikita Nikitin — who’s played all five games of the series thus far — will sit and be replaced by Nick Schultz. Schultz does have some experience in this series, playing just over 10 minutes in Columbus’ stirring 4-3 comeback win in Game 4, but has seen far less action than Nikitin. The Russian rearguard was averaging more than 16 minutes per night.
Columbus is facing elimination tonight for the first time in this series, and is looking to win just its second-ever home playoff game at Nationwide.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (151)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)