Apr 28, 2014, 11:04 AM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets will make a change up front for tonight’s elimination Game 6 against the Penguins, as Jared Boll will return to the lineup for the first time since the series opener, replacing veteran forward R.J. Umberger.
Umberger, who’s played the last four games after being a scratch in Game 1, appeared to re-aggravate a shoulder/collarbone ailment in Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Pittsburgh, calling it an “ongoing issue.” The 31-year-old had one assist this series while averaging over 12 minutes a night.
There will also be a change on defense as Nikita Nikitin — who’s played all five games of the series thus far — will sit and be replaced by Nick Schultz. Schultz does have some experience in this series, playing just over 10 minutes in Columbus’ stirring 4-3 comeback win in Game 4, but has seen far less action than Nikitin. The Russian rearguard was averaging more than 16 minutes per night.
Columbus is facing elimination tonight for the first time in this series, and is looking to win just its second-ever home playoff game at Nationwide.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)