Apr 28, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will make a change up front for tonight’s elimination Game 6 against the Penguins, as Jared Boll will return to the lineup for the first time since the series opener, replacing veteran forward R.J. Umberger.
Umberger, who’s played the last four games after being a scratch in Game 1, appeared to re-aggravate a shoulder/collarbone ailment in Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Pittsburgh, calling it an “ongoing issue.” The 31-year-old had one assist this series while averaging over 12 minutes a night.
There will also be a change on defense as Nikita Nikitin — who’s played all five games of the series thus far — will sit and be replaced by Nick Schultz. Schultz does have some experience in this series, playing just over 10 minutes in Columbus’ stirring 4-3 comeback win in Game 4, but has seen far less action than Nikitin. The Russian rearguard was averaging more than 16 minutes per night.
Columbus is facing elimination tonight for the first time in this series, and is looking to win just its second-ever home playoff game at Nationwide.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9