Apr 26, 2014, 11:06 PM EST
There wasn’t much else Sergei Bobrovsky could’ve done for the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday.
The Blue Jackets’ goalie was as busy as he was spectacular, only Columbus was unable to take advantage in a 3-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Blue Jackets now trail in the first-round series 3-2 and are facing elimination. Bobrovsky made 48 saves on the 50 shots he faced.
So, it was certainly difficult, if not impossible, to find fault in his performance. Meanwhile, the Blue Jackets managed only 24 shots on Marc-Andre Fleury, as he came up with with the win and a much better game on an individual basis after the firestorm around the goals he gave up in Game 4.
“[We] just have to find ways to get pucks to Fleury. Obviously, there was a lot of talk going around that he’s struggling, so we didn’t test him nearly as much as we should,” said Columbus forward Ryan Johansen, as per NHL.com.
“Bob was great for us. He stood tall the whole game…it’s too bad we couldn’t get a couple more for him,” Johansen added, as per the Blue Jackets Twitter account.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)