Apr 26, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
There wasn’t much else Sergei Bobrovsky could’ve done for the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday.
The Blue Jackets’ goalie was as busy as he was spectacular, only Columbus was unable to take advantage in a 3-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Blue Jackets now trail in the first-round series 3-2 and are facing elimination. Bobrovsky made 48 saves on the 50 shots he faced.
So, it was certainly difficult, if not impossible, to find fault in his performance. Meanwhile, the Blue Jackets managed only 24 shots on Marc-Andre Fleury, as he came up with with the win and a much better game on an individual basis after the firestorm around the goals he gave up in Game 4.
“[We] just have to find ways to get pucks to Fleury. Obviously, there was a lot of talk going around that he’s struggling, so we didn’t test him nearly as much as we should,” said Columbus forward Ryan Johansen, as per NHL.com.
“Bob was great for us. He stood tall the whole game…it’s too bad we couldn’t get a couple more for him,” Johansen added, as per the Blue Jackets Twitter account.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)