Mar 31, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Clowe, who missed 32 games this season with a concussion, was rattled by Howden with 1:09 remaining in the second and the Devils holding a 4-3 lead. He appeared dazed by the hit while being looked over by trainers.
Clowe was having his most productive offensive game as a Devil with one goal and three points. In his absence, Devils coach Peter DeBoer has reinserted Tuomo Ruutu on the top line alongside center Travis Zajac and right wing Jaromir Jagr.
There was no update on Clowe following the game, as per Mike Morreale of NHL.com.
The Devils defeated the Panthers by a final score of 6-3, with Zajac scoring his first career hat trick.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)