Mar 31, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Clowe, who missed 32 games this season with a concussion, was rattled by Howden with 1:09 remaining in the second and the Devils holding a 4-3 lead. He appeared dazed by the hit while being looked over by trainers.
Clowe was having his most productive offensive game as a Devil with one goal and three points. In his absence, Devils coach Peter DeBoer has reinserted Tuomo Ruutu on the top line alongside center Travis Zajac and right wing Jaromir Jagr.
There was no update on Clowe following the game, as per Mike Morreale of NHL.com.
The Devils defeated the Panthers by a final score of 6-3, with Zajac scoring his first career hat trick.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)