Dec 27, 2013, 12:02 PM EST
Clowe has only played six games for New Jersey since signing with the club in the offseason. The big 31-year-old has yet to score, with only one assist.
But he returns to a Devils team that was playing some decent hockey heading into the Christmas break. New Jersey is 3-1-1 in its last five games, though it was badly outplayed in a 5-2 loss to Chicago on Monday.
Martin Brodeur will start in goal versus the Blue Jackets.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17